PDA

View Full Version : Female Teacher, 45, Accused of Having Sex With Boy, 17

Midnight Mike
2008-10-28, 03:23 PM
A 17-year-old student at Warner Christian Academy who police say had a sexual relationship with his 45-year-old teacher will be allowed to remain at the private school as long as he meets certain conditions, the headmaster said Thursday.

In addition, the 12th-grader will receive private counseling so he can "move on," headmaster Mark Tress said.

"We have a very strict agreement plan in place for this boy that he must abide by so that he can graduate in May," Tress said.

Wednesday afternoon, teacher Cynthia Horvath -- who taught English and coached cheerleading at Warner Christian's high school -- was arrested inside the Walmart on Beville Road in Daytona Beach. She was charged with unlawful sex with a minor, after police said she engaged in a four-month sexual relationship with the teen.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJ ... 102408.htm (http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Headlines/frtHEAD03102408.htm)

PhilDernerJr
2008-10-28, 06:26 PM
I thought the AOC in Florida was 16.

Why is the boy being punished?

NIKV69
2008-10-28, 08:26 PM
Here is Fla law.

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult under the age of 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor no younger than the age of 16.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

PhilDernerJr
2008-10-28, 11:37 PM
Gotcha.

Regardless, even if it was legal, it's still pretty twisted for an adult that age to be hookin up with a 17 year old. I wonder if she's at least attractive.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-29, 12:12 AM
I feel like the aftermath of these cases has to be more damaging to the kid than getting some from his teacher as long as it is consensual.

AA 777
2008-10-30, 11:25 PM
I love how this is literally right by me and I didnt hear about it. Gotta love this place :roll: