PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Spotting trip to LAX/Mileage Run?

kc2aqg
2008-10-28, 10:48 AM
Hey Guys-

So I have been running some searches on fares for weekend trips/mileage runs to do before the end of the year since I would like to earn Gold this year on DL, but am short on MQMs. Well it turns out on certain weekends, DL is running specials on the JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO routes in November & December for $155 roundtrip! (Don't ask me how they can afford to do this - I have no idea) But I thought this would be an excellent opportunity for a spotting day trip to LAX. As I've priced it (for 155), we could leave on a Saturday morning and get there just before noon, then have the whole afternoon and evening to spot at LAX, and return on a Saturday night redeye getting in early Sunday morning. Thoughts? Takers? I have been labeled "insane" by some people for this idea, but I still think it could work, especially if we got a bunch of people to go.

wunaladreamin
2008-10-28, 11:16 AM
Yeah man you are just a tad on the bat $hit side but it's all good. And if not for the fact that I work Saturdays and it's getting too close for Christmas shopping time, I'd definitely be up for it.

eric8669
2008-10-28, 11:58 AM
I might be going the weekend of the 14th.

T-Bird76
2008-10-28, 12:47 PM
Yeah man you are just a tad on the bat $hit side but it's all good. And if not for the fact that I work Saturdays and it's getting too close for Christmas shopping time, I'd definitely be up for it.

A day trip to LA isn't that bad...I've done day trips all over the country for biz before. Although I'd stay the night as hotels right around LAX are pretty dam cheap and rather nice in fact. I'm heading out to LA on Nov 14th, I'll spend the weekend before I have to drive down to Orange for work. I'm staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at LAX, it was 109 a night.

eric8669
2008-10-28, 12:55 PM
I can offer to drive anybody around if needed.
Don't know where I am staying yet. Flying out on Virgin America.

T-Bird76
2008-10-28, 04:53 PM
I've got a car as well that weekend. I prob doing a drive up the coast either Sat or Sun.

Joe C
2008-10-29, 03:26 PM
Kenny if you were to go there is a place where you can eat on Sunset Blvd.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r27/fdx924/NYCA%20misc/LA08204.jpg

wunaladreamin
2008-10-29, 04:36 PM
Daily fresh meat?? Looks like a joint for Tommy LOL

It can't POSSIBLY compare to the All American here.

T-Bird76
2008-10-29, 04:44 PM

Atleast I'm not French Canadian..... Man French AND Canadian....suicide must have been a passing thought at sometime in your life? ;)

Joe C
2008-10-29, 05:38 PM
I can't voucher for the place, i ate at the " other " burger joint.
but i figure i had to bring back that picture for you.

wunaladreamin
2008-10-29, 07:10 PM

Atleast I'm not French Canadian..... Man French AND Canadian....suicide must have been a passing thought at sometime in your life? ;)

Not at all. It just means my bacon is thicker than yours. :wink:

Delta777LR
2008-11-07, 01:02 AM
I wish I would join you Andy. Ive never been to LA before and Ive always dreamed of being there just to spot. If I had the money, I would go along