PDA

View Full Version : US HeloWHAAAT?

kc2aqg
2008-10-24, 03:38 PM
So I'm busting with excitement right now. I am flying to ATL tonight on the 7:15 from JFK and a friend of mine was booking a biz class ticket at work today and made me think to check the prices on the helo to the airport. Well, it was only $105 to get on the helicopter straight to T3 and the heliport is 8 blocks from where I work, so I sprung for it! I've got the video camera with me, man is this going to be a blast!!!

mirrodie
2008-10-24, 03:52 PM
excellent! enjoy the ride, look foward to the TR

T-Bird76
2008-10-24, 04:05 PM
Problem is your flying Delta down to ATL, LOLOL j/K Rumor has it U.S Helo is close to Chap 11.

kc2aqg
2008-10-24, 04:10 PM
What is it with me and airlines close to bankruptcy?!? Let's hope they make it until 5:30 PM :D

Lezam
2008-10-26, 05:48 PM
Woot! Trip report!

kc2aqg
2008-10-29, 01:28 PM
Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! Accepted to jetvideos.net for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.jetvideos.net/video/view.php?id=883

Trip report will follow soon, hopefully this weekend if I have time to write it.

Matt Molnar
2008-10-29, 02:45 PM
That's pretty effing cool, Andy. Were you the only passenger?

Gerard
2008-10-29, 08:47 PM
[quote="kc2aqg"]Wooooo hoooooo!!!!! Accepted to jetvideos.net for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.jetvideos.net/video/view.php?id=883

Very cool and well done. 25 years ago this Nov. my wife and I boarded a NY Helicopter S-58T from East 34 to JFK
for the start of our honeymoon to Hawaii. I remember taking a cab from our hotel in Manhattan to the heliport and
the driver saying "forget the helicopter, I'll take you to JFK"!!! My wife and I both laughed. I guess he had no clue
who he was talking too. :D
BTW we went off 34 Street and flew the Maspeth tanks route over Brooklyn.
BTW 2, was the noise in the cabin that loud or was it just the sensitivity of the microphone?
Thanks again for sharing.

kc2aqg
2008-10-29, 10:28 PM
Actually, there were a total of 5 passengers including me in the cabin, 1 sat in front of me, and 3 sat in the row behind me. I think I intimidated anyone from sitting next to me with the camera :lol:

The noise in the cabin was definitely pretty loud, but not unbearable. I would say it was about as loud as it was in the video. Glad to hear that someone else took a helicopter on this route, I'll bet the landscape was different 25 years ago!

LGA777
2008-10-29, 11:31 PM
Fun video to watch. I especiallly enjoyed the arrival at JFK and the aerial view of the new jetBlue T5 with actual aircraft on the gates. I really liked the sound effects when the engine is spooling down upon arrival at JFK.

Cheers

LGA777

kc2aqg
2008-10-30, 08:29 AM
Thanks Ron! That's actually a trademark I try to put into all of my videos is the engine start-ups & shut-downs. I seldom see other videos include this.

Vidiot
2008-10-30, 12:16 PM
Nice video. I just booked a US Helicopter trip on 11/12 JFK-TSS. They have a $45 deal from now till 12/31 if you're flying Delta with B, M, or H fares (alas, mine wasn't, so it was the regular sale price of $99+tax.) Looking forward to it!

emshighway
2008-10-30, 07:08 PM
As of tomorrow the operations of JRB will be transferred from PANYNJ to FirstFlight

Gerard
2008-10-30, 08:08 PM
As of tomorrow the operations of JRB will be transferred from PANYNJ to FirstFlight

Which I believe is owned by the Trenk Family who runs the West 30 Street Heliport. They also will be building a state of
the art heliplex in Newarks North Ward capable of holding 20 helicopters indoors and a ramp that can hold 20 more copters
along with an 15,000 square feet of office space. Already the Newark Police Aviation Unit, now working out of Morristown, will
move in once it is built.

Gerard
2008-10-30, 08:19 PM
>The noise in the cabin was definitely pretty loud, but not unbearable. I would say it was about as loud as it was in the video.<

Thanks. I bet the corporate 76ers have a little more noise-proofing built in.

>Glad to hear that someone else took a helicopter on this route, I'll bet the landscape was different 25 years ago![/quote]<

LoL yeah just a little. It was pretty cool because in the S-58T you sit in the cabin and the pilots sit above you. I remember it
being an overcast day with a low ceiling and as we cruised over Brooklyn I looked back out the window to see one of NY
Helicopters Dauphins flying not far behind us. And we landed pretty close to one of the Concordes.
It was great also as we checked in our luggage at 34 Street and never had to deal with it again until we got to Honolulu. Our
flight was JFK-SFO-HNL.

T-Bird76
2008-10-31, 01:32 PM
Andy very enjoyable video to watch! Prob the first such video of the new T5 in operation.

emshighway
2008-10-31, 06:56 PM

Which I believe is owned by the Trenk Family who runs the West 30 Street Heliport. They also will be building a state of
the art heliplex in Newarks North Ward capable of holding 20 helicopters indoors and a ramp that can hold 20 more copters
along with an 15,000 square feet of office space. Already the Newark Police Aviation Unit, now working out of Morristown, will

AvPorts runs E34 Street but they could be just another part of the Trenk Empire!!!

Tom_Turner
2008-11-02, 11:11 PM
Yes, right in the middle of Newark.... the following is from a blog I just read after a google search..

http://ironboundnewark.com/we-fly-high- ... theliplex/ (http://ironboundnewark.com/we-fly-high-newark-heliportheliplex/)

NYCChopper 04.06.08 at 8:56 pm

Its funny.

Steven Trenk is under investigation by the Federal Government, as I understand it, re: fraud and tax evasion – (US District Court Case number 3:06-cv-01004-MLC-JJH), recently just losing his appeal.

As I read the documents, Steven Trenk is refusing to provide incriminating documents in the federal government’s prosecution of him individually and as an officer of Techtron/Gold Crown (another failed company of Trenk’s that lost $12mm in investor money while he drew a $250k annual salary), citing his 5th amendment rights against self incrimination because, as he puts it in his pleadings, “the government will not agree to provide immunity from criminal prosecution”.

I am surprised that, with a federal criminal indictment coming down the pike against Steven Trenk (at least as seems to be expected by Trenk), that NPD wants to do business with Trenk and/or Air Pegasus.

Oh, and as for the Trenk family, here is his first cousin, Richard Trenk, the Mayors former law firm partner, mentioned in the article above in a recent news story:

“Township attorney Richard Trenk was the subject of an investigation, when it was discovered he was one of a group of investors which had entered into an agreement to purchase an office building owned by Organon and adjacent to its main site. Organon had been part of the redevelopment zone. Retired Justice Gary Stein, in a 53-page report released on Jan. 30, found that Trenk’s interest violated “prudence, caution and sound judgment,”.

And let’s not forget Steven Trenk brother, Jeffrey Trenk, convicted felon who ran TechSys, parent company of Techtron. Steven Trenk’s brother, Jeffrey, was convicted in 2002 of bribing an FBI agent posing as a broker and sentenced to 8 months house arrest and 5 years probation.

Papa Alvin Trenk must be so proud.

If Neward Mayor Cory Booker is serious about reducing crime, perhaps he should not have apparent and convicted criminals operating his “policing” for him, even if one’s cousin was the mayors law firm partner.

The people of Newark deserve better.

Wingzero
2008-11-05, 11:59 PM
Nice video!! Thanks for sharing!

Gerard
2008-12-09, 08:39 PM
From now until Dec 31 US Helicopter is offering $99 one-way trip for its shuttle.