PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Documentaries

JHNA57
2008-09-28, 02:21 PM
I'm sure I'm not the only one on this forum who tapes all the aviation related documentaries on cable TV.

All of us here cringe when watching a movie and see a 747 taking off and then they cut away to a B-52 tucking in its gear. Yesterday I taped one called "Aviation Daredevils". Aviation history is great, but when the narrator tells of Charles Lindberghs 13½ hr solo flight in 1924, you really have to wonder!! (My fifth grade history book put it at 33½ hrs in 1927). Oh Well!, the High-Def video footage is still worth watching.

Speaking of aviation related shows, tonight (Sept 28) at 10 PM on the National Geographic Channel, "WORLDS TOUGHEST FIXES" about a Boeing company team that responds to an out of service 767 requiring major repairs in the field.

Time to FIRE UP the DVD recorder!!!

PhilDernerJr
2008-09-28, 02:31 PM
That 767 doc sounds very interesting! I'd like to watch that.

JHNA57
2008-09-29, 09:33 AM
An article in Air & Space Magazine says that part of the deal in making the documentary was that the airline would not be identified. I guess they underestimate the resources of NYCA. Check out: http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6143996&nseq=0