PDA

View Full Version : Need Airliners.net Help!!!

wunaladreamin
2008-09-26, 08:22 AM
My account has been locked from uploading for the past week due to a typographical error in my email address, which has resulted in a.net showing 2 email addy's on my account. I have sent numerous emails to [email protected] with the correct information and even a screenshot to no avail. Does anyone have any contact info that can get me to someone who can resolve the situation?

Thanks in advance!

T-Bird76
2008-09-26, 12:53 PM
Glad to see A.net's top notch staff is on top of things. ;)

wunaladreamin
2008-09-26, 01:26 PM
Yeah the "aces" over there only responded once to inform me that I didn't include all the necessary information. :roll: Now do I keep emailing them or do I delete the account and start a new one? :idea:

Hey, thanks for the bump!

flyboy 28
2008-09-26, 02:08 PM
Simple solution - don't upload to Anet. :P

T-Bird76
2008-09-26, 02:52 PM
Yeah the "aces" over there only responded once to inform me that I didn't include all the necessary information. :roll: Now do I keep emailing them or do I delete the account and start a new one? :idea:

Hey, thanks for the bump!

Did they tell you what missing info you left out?

wunaladreamin
2008-09-26, 03:17 PM
Yes they did. I responded with all the information they asked for 4 days ago and nothing.

Screw 'em...I'll just continue uploading to that "other site." lol

NIKV69
2008-09-26, 03:23 PM
Glad to see A.net's top notch staff is on top of things

Hey at least Kenny got a response. I sent an email to JP's support 3 years ago and never even got a reply.

Now do I keep emailing them or do I delete the account and start a new one?

If you have emailed them all info I would be patient Kenny. Thngs should be rectified.

T-Bird76
2008-09-26, 03:45 PM
Hey at least Kenny got a response. I sent an email to JP's support 3 years ago and never even got a reply.

Well the tone of the email will dictate the response if any...hehe

wunaladreamin
2008-09-26, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys. Patience is not a virtue I've been blessed with lol. I'll just wait a few more days and see.

T-Bird76
2008-09-26, 05:44 PM
Thanks guys. Patience is not a virtue I've been blessed with lol. I'll just wait a few more days and see.

Have a cookie while you wait.

NIKV69
2008-09-26, 07:49 PM

Exactly, put personal feeling first. Real professional. If anet took that attitude they wouldn't return any emails. Thankfully they are a bit more professional.

T-Bird76
2008-09-26, 08:20 PM

Exactly, put personal feeling first. Real professional. If anet took that attitude they wouldn't return any emails. Thankfully they are a bit more professional.

When are you going to apply for A.net spokesman? LOLOL

SoPictureThis
2008-09-27, 07:16 PM
I'm a photo screener at Airliners.net. Though it is not my responsibility to handle the goings-on of members, such problems do concern me and I feel they should be treated thoroughly and swiftly. That said, I appologize in regards to the issue at hand, however, would recommend e-mailing the Support Staff once more. Unfortunately it is out of my control as much it is yours.

In regards to the anti-Airliners.net banter undermining this thread...

I realize it's a free country and the fact members of this site are entitled to voice their opinions as they please, minded, in an appropriate fashion. It's amusing to me how folks here jump on any opportunity to take a jab at A.net faster than a fat girl on a cupcake. Infact, it often makes me laugh. However, criticize JP.net? Nobody around here would DARE. Silly isn't it? Just a little observation, hehe...

On a side note, I think it's nice Nick V. (I'll mention him only since his remarks pertain to this thread) is so enthusiastic about A.net...it's his passion and tenacity that is embraced by the staff, contributors, and viewers which I feel other aviation photography websites lack. A.net is not an online scrapbook of aviation photos...there are other websites I can think of for that.

These are my personal thoughts...Flame wars are unnecessary and wildly unproductive. Don't start one.

- jMay

PhilDernerJr
2008-09-28, 03:04 AM
Josh is 100% right. Fat girls do love cupcakes.

T-Bird76
2008-09-28, 08:54 AM
I'm a photo screener at Airliners.net. Though it is not my responsibility to handle the goings-on of members, such problems do concern me and I feel they should be treated thoroughly and swiftly. That said, I appologize in regards to the issue at hand, however, would recommend e-mailing the Support Staff once more. Unfortunately it is out of my control as much it is yours.

In regards to the anti-Airliners.net banter undermining this thread...

I realize it's a free country and the fact members of this site are entitled to voice their opinions as they please, minded, in an appropriate fashion. It's amusing to me how folks here jump on any opportunity to take a jab at A.net faster than a fat girl on a cupcake. Infact, it often makes me laugh. However, criticize JP.net? Nobody around here would DARE. Silly isn't it? Just a little observation, hehe...

On a side note, I think it's nice Nick V. (I'll mention him only since his remarks pertain to this thread) is so enthusiastic about A.net...it's his passion and tenacity that is embraced by the staff, contributors, and viewers which I feel other aviation photography websites lack. A.net is not an online scrapbook of aviation photos...there are other websites I can think of for that.

These are my personal thoughts...Flame wars are unnecessary and wildly unproductive. Don't start one.

- jMay

Josh relax... Nick and I bust each others chops over A.net and JP.net all the time and that's what I'm doing...there's plenty of threads on this board where jabs are made.

As for customer service in general not just A.net.. good customer service would be.. "Even though its not my job I'll contact an admin to see what's going on." Vs saying "its not my job." In the real world answers like that don't fly, so let it be a lesson in responding to your customers. That has nothing to do with A.net at all...that's customer service 101. So perhaps as screener you may want to help Kenny out?

btw there has been anti JP.net threads on this board in the past...so your statement "Nobody around here would DARE. Silly isn't it? Just a little observation, hehe..." is totally off and without merit.

wunaladreamin
2008-09-28, 01:42 PM
Josh, thanks for the words and advice. I've sent one more email and I'll play the waiting game some more. I apologize for the a.net/jp pissing match as it wasn't my intention when I started the thread.

It was nice meeting you though, and for the record...I like cupcakes just as much as any fat chick.

SP-LPB
2008-09-28, 07:39 PM
Simple solution - don't upload to Anet. :P

I got an even better solution; just upload to your photobucket.

As for customer service in general not just A.net.. good customer service would be.. "Even though its not my job I'll contact an admin to see what's going on." Vs saying "its not my job." In the real world answers like that don't fly, so let it be a lesson in responding to your customers. That has nothing to do with A.net at all...that's customer service 101. So perhaps as screener you may want to help Kenny out?

What's really funny Tommy is, that as mentioned before, Nick tried to get a response from the JP crew and it's taking them three years to respond. As a friend, who's involved with JP directly, you should have represented the top notch customer service and helped Nick in getting an answer. I guess you can call this Customer Service 101 too?

wunaladreamin
2008-09-28, 07:47 PM
I got an even better solution; just upload to your photobucket.

Now was that called for? I really don't think so. But, since I am such a clown I guess I'll just have to take it...especially when it comes from high class, tactful, honorable person such as yourself.

Other than that, if I wanted to read what an ******* wrote, I'd just have projectile diarrhea on my wall and stare at it.

You take care now.

PhilDernerJr
2008-09-28, 07:57 PM
Since the solution to the topic at hand was discussed, and sicne this thread is headed down a negative road at a high rate of speed, I am locking this.