PDA

View Full Version : Even Greater JFK Shot

cancidas
2008-09-23, 03:24 PM

NIKV69
2008-09-25, 07:28 AM
When I saw the thumbnail I couldn't belive it. With the WTC in the background. Truly a special shot.

JHNA57
2008-09-28, 04:39 PM
This shot brings back many memories.
I had just gotten my drivers license and spent countless hours on the Pan Am rooftop soaking in scenes just like this one. I would get there about 11 am with the intention to stay an hour or two, but ended up staying til it go dark.
These were the good old days when you could go down into the terminal, grab a quick hot dog, use the mens room, and roam around among the gates picking up whatever freebees the airlines were giving away. I would walk from the Pan Am terminal all the way to the (then) British Airways terminal collecting flight schedules along the way (Obviously this was way before Flight Aware).
As it got later in the day and I knew my mother was wondering where the H... I was (No cell phones then either). I would see one more arrival appear in the distance, I just had to wait and see exactly what airline it was.
"Just one more, then I'm leaving...., OK this is definately the last one, then I'm outta here...."