PDA

View Full Version : NYC tap water in bottles

Midnight Mike
2008-09-14, 07:55 PM
Jay sez, "A new bottled water company is selling NY tap water in bottles and filling up people's empties as a way of spreading the word that tap is good, it's better for the environment than shipping bottles in from Fiji, it's fun, it's blablabla. You get the idea."

For my money, NYC tap water is delicious.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/09/14/ny ... n-bot.html (http://www.boingboing.net/2008/09/14/nyc-tap-water-in-bot.html)

Lezam
2008-09-14, 08:38 PM
Delectable! I started drinking more of it since I found out poland spring uses tap water to fill their bottles! :roll:

T-Bird76
2008-09-15, 01:41 PM
NYC has prob the best water of any city in the world. All of it comes from well upstate far away from any pollution. Suffolk's water is pretty good to IMO. The best bottled water is Smart Water, it has a lighter taste then others.

PhilDernerJr
2008-09-15, 02:18 PM
The worst tasting water is Dasani.

If not that cheap, I'd have no problem buying NYC tap water when traveling.

cancidas
2008-09-15, 06:36 PM
that and the dannon water that my job has. the stuff just tastes heavy. i've been buying poland spring ever since the parts i need to fix my in-sink filter have been on backorder...

Planesntrains
2008-09-16, 08:34 AM

If not that cheap, I'd have no problem buying NYC tap water when traveling.

It's basically dead water. When they filter it, they don't just take the harmful stuff out, they take all the natural minerals too. Hence why they "add them for taste". It isn't all that cheap either. It's like $1.50/bottle for a 16floz bottle around here. Hell at 7-Eleven I can get 2 liters of Poland Spring for $2.

Mateo
2008-09-16, 05:25 PM
Ha! I love NYC tap water (even if you do have to let it settle occasionally). Given the choice between any brand of bottled water and the smooth, slightly sweet taste of NYC's liquidiest, I know what I'm picking!

Nick
2008-09-16, 05:45 PM
As an employee of a Suffolk water district I approve these messages.