PDA

View Full Version : Question about AA Terminal at JFK

Speedbird1
2008-09-14, 04:16 PM
My friend is leaving for SAN next month from the AA Domestic Terminal at JFK. He wants me to accompany him inside and have a meal but I have a feeling that only ticketed passengers are permitted. Is this the case or can I enter the terminal without a ticket? It would be embarrassing if I went with him for nothing.

Jonesbeach
2008-09-14, 05:52 PM
There's no place to sit down and eat in front of security.

T-Bird76
2008-09-14, 09:15 PM
My friend is leaving for SAN next month from the AA Domestic Terminal at JFK. He wants me to accompany him inside and have a meal but I have a feeling that only ticketed passengers are permitted. Is this the case or can I enter the terminal without a ticket? It would be embarrassing if I went with him for nothing.

That's not true. Anyone can enter the AA Terminal. AA only has one terminal now for Domestic and International flights. There's a snack bar and a wine place that serves light food before security. BTW you can enter any terminal at JFK without a ticket.

Speedbird1
2008-09-15, 11:51 AM
Good to know I haven't seen the new AA Terminal since it was re-opened. Last time I tried to enter the Delta Terminal, T3, I was asked to show my ticket. The only part of Delta I could enter was the Lower Level (Arrivals) but the entire Departure Level with all the restaurants and gift shops, was only accessible to those with tickets. Has the policy changed? At Delta, there were only vending machines, at the Arrivals Level. At T7 (British/UAL) the Ground Level was open, however the entire Departure Level, with McDonalds, etc. was also off-limits. I found T1 and T4 to be more friendly to visitors without boarding passes. In the near future, I will try to visit the AA Terminal.