PDA

View Full Version : Who am I? An eyebrow raiser about experience

T-Bird76
2008-09-12, 02:02 PM
Without doing a web search can you guess who this is in American Politics?

"I'm under 45 years old I love the outdoors, I hunt, I am a Republican reformer, I have taken on the Republican party establishment, I have many children, I have a spot on the national ticket as Vice President with less then two years in the Governor's office. Have you ever heard of me before now?"

The similarities are uncanny...

Matt Molnar
2008-09-12, 02:10 PM
I cheated and looked it up. Hint: it didn't end well. :)

flyboy 28
2008-09-12, 02:41 PM
The hunting part gives it away. :P

mirrodie
2008-09-12, 03:07 PM
I like the VPILF to be.

Midnight Mike
2008-09-13, 09:58 AM
I like the VPILF to be.

Of course you do, you like kids! :roll: & if left up to you, you would turn that innocent Sash into a baby machine :mrgreen:

Midnight Mike
2008-09-13, 10:33 AM
The poll suggests that perceived inexperience is more of a problem at the top of the Democratic ticket than in the No. 2 spot for Republicans.

Eighty percent say McCain, with nearly three decades in Congress, has the right experience to be president. Just 46 percent say Obama, now in his fourth year in the Senate, is experienced enough.

Fully 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about McCain running mate Sarah Palin, serving her second year as Alaska governor after being a small-town mayor.

"This is his fourth year in the Senate, and two of those four years he spent campaigning for president," said Arthur Koch, 63, an undecided voter from Wallington, N.J. "I'm not too comfortable with that."

http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/2008091 ... gn_ap_poll (http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/20080912/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_ap_poll)

T-Bird76
2008-09-13, 11:30 AM
Wow so no one knows who this is???

Its Teddy Roosevelt.

Mike you are big on polls aren't you ;)

Midnight Mike
2008-09-13, 11:49 AM
Wow so no one knows who this is???

Its Teddy Roosevelt.

My focus was on Obama :wink: I really don't get how Obama is not challenged on his lack of experience :?:

Matt Molnar
2008-09-13, 12:39 PM
Its Teddy Roosevelt.
My answer was actually Spiro Agnew, who went from local politics to governor of Maryland to VP in just a couple of years. Ended badly = he was forced to resign after being indicted for bribery and extortion. I guess he was a little older than 45, though.

T-Bird76
2008-09-13, 01:33 PM
Its Teddy Roosevelt.
My answer was actually Spiro Agnew, who went from local politics to governor of Maryland to VP in just a couple of years. Ended badly = he was forced to resign after being indicted for bribery and extortion. I guess he was a little older than 45, though.

Yeah I wasn't sure what you meant by that Matt. I thought you were meant that it ended badly for McKinley which in a way it did. He won but he got assassinated in 1901, that's what I thought you meant by it ended badly. Badly for McKinley but not for TR.

But yes there are similarities to TR and Palin...Hmmm perhaps Palin is TR reincarnated in a female’s body? God I'd go st8 again just to bang her if that were the case!

Midnight Mike
2008-09-13, 01:37 PM

Well, Tommy, we have something in common, we both like polls :wink:

Matt Molnar
2008-09-13, 02:05 PM
Badly for McKinley but not for TR.
On the bright side, he got the country's tallest mountain named after him! I'll take that over a crummy airport!

emshighway
2008-09-13, 02:56 PM
"BULLY"