PDA

View Full Version : Simple Photo usage Request

stuart schechter
2008-08-17, 03:04 PM
I got a message from someone on JP that wants to use my Air India shot for his personal collection of T7's. He said it will not be used for commercial rights, but wants it in large format, as in the size I shot it. Think I should let him have it?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6327748

njgtr82
2008-08-17, 03:20 PM
I've received quite a few requests from this guy but not once did I let him. I've read of many other people recieving the same. I think theres no need for him to need a large format.

Lezam
2008-08-17, 04:17 PM
Does he want it for something simple like his background?

Sometimes when I see a cool shot, I ask the author to give me a large resolution shot that will fit as my desktop wallpaper. If its a simple request like that, I would think you should take it as a compliment :)

cancidas
2008-08-17, 05:19 PM
i've recieved that request in the past before, and the person eluded to the fact they wanted it as a background. i asked them for the screensize, then eddited it to fit and mailed it out. they were happy.

my advice to you, ask what it's for and why they need the large size before sending.

T-Bird76
2008-08-17, 05:33 PM
Stuart is he asking for to use it for his personal collection? If so this guy does this to everyone. He's a real loser and I'd send him nothing but a big "F$%K YOU." He doesn't bother me anymore after the last email I sent him. hehe

Matt Molnar
2008-08-17, 09:01 PM
I got an email from that guy a couple months ago. I replied that I'd be happy to send him a print for whatever it costs. He never responded.

adam613
2008-08-17, 09:02 PM
I got an email from that guy a couple months ago. I replied that I'd be happy to send him a print for whatever it costs. He never responded.

Me too.

PhilDernerJr
2008-08-18, 12:21 AM
Never give away high-res versions of your photos to individuals. I would ONLY sedn them to professional corporations that I can easily track and monitor for unauthorized usage.

Whoever this guy is, he should be told to stop asking people for that. There's no reason for anyone to have a high-res version for a "personal collection". Either you need a 1200-wide for your desktop, or you want to purchase a print.

T-Bird76
2008-08-18, 09:20 AM
Never give away high-res versions of your photos to individuals. I would ONLY sedn them to professional corporations that I can easily track and monitor for unauthorized usage.

Whoever this guy is, he should be told to stop asking people for that. There's no reason for anyone to have a high-res version for a "personal collection". Either you need a 1200-wide for your desktop, or you want to purchase a print.

This guy has been told to stop about a million times from plenty of people, but he never does. Even Chris Kilroy sent him an email about stopping sometime ago. He's either a bit slow or has no scruples what so ever.