PDA

View Full Version : Russians move into Georgia rebel area

Midnight Mike
2008-08-08, 08:20 AM
Putin warned Georgia it would retaliate for attack on breakaway province

TBILISI, Georgia - Russian troops moved into South Ossetia hours after Prime Minister Vladimir Putin warned Georgia that its attack on the breakaway region would draw retaliation, Russian television reported Friday.

The Russian move comes after Georgian troops launched a major military offensive earlier Friday to regain control over South Ossetia and the president accused Russia, which has close ties to the separatists, of bombing Georgian territory.

The fighting in South Ossetia has raised fears of an all-out war that could draw in Russia, which has peacekeepers in the region. Putin said an unspecified number of the peacekeepers have been wounded.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26080747/

Matt Molnar
2008-08-08, 10:32 AM
I hope they capture Turner Field. Oh wait...

T-Bird76
2008-08-08, 10:47 AM
God speed to General Sherman on his march to the sea and a swift victory over the rebels!

PhilDernerJr
2008-08-08, 10:57 AM
It turns out this is all just the filming for Rambo 5.

Matt Molnar
2008-08-08, 11:10 AM
I seriously wonder how many rednecks ran to the closet to grab their shotguns when they heard this on the radio this morning.

cancidas
2008-08-08, 12:36 PM
I seriously wonder how many rednecks ran to the closet to grab their shotguns when they heard this on the radio this morning.
i just about fell out of my chair when i read this. the other pilots i share the hangar with were looking at me wondering what the hell was wrong. i needed that laugh, thanks!!

Gerard
2008-08-09, 10:40 AM
When Bush heard this news he was ready to rush back to the US from China until his aides advised him "Not that Georgia Dubya".