PDA

View Full Version : Need Urgent Laptop Repairs...

cancidas
2008-08-04, 05:56 PM
i need some work done on my laptop, anyone here know any places i could take it to? after talking to toshiba they recommended a few of thier authorized centers, surprisingly including J&R. what i know i need is the outer case replaced near the heat sink. TSA in MRY dropped it a few years back and broke it, i've been using it without problem until now when it started heating like crazy up and making strange noises...

Greeney
2008-08-04, 06:12 PM
Thats the reason I never let the TSA touch my laptop... I always request that I carry it over to the testing area.

Lezam
2008-08-04, 06:26 PM
Truthfully, it might be better to just replace the thing. Might even be cheaper.

Matt Molnar
2008-08-04, 07:25 PM
I'm surprised Toshiba even has external repair shops for laptops. A lot of companies make you ship them back to the factory to be fixed in a white room since laptop components are so small and delicate.

cancidas
2008-08-04, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised Toshiba even has external repair shops for laptops. A lot of companies make you ship them back to the factory to be fixed in a white room since laptop components are so small and delicate.
they do have a service center bu they told me it could cost as much as $350 to send it to them. and i really don't want to get a new one, i like the way this one works. i've had it for four years now and this is literally the first problem i've had with it. it's even survived some bad turbulence in multiple small airplanes/ helos.