PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Canning ISP already????? Seems So.

Art at ISP
2008-07-10, 07:17 AM
I met a Spirit captain in MCO yesterday who told me that they were already pulling ISP as of the end of the month-which he said didn't make sense since they were always FULL. I told him full does not equal profit, but it's still questionable after only 3 months.

Also--when I got back to ISP last night, the US folks who work there confirmed it.

I am going to email my friend Ben (CEO of Spirit)....

PS WN did not suck!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-10, 08:18 AM
Art: This news already hit the board. Scroll down a little bit in the news section and you will find it.

Art at ISP
2008-07-10, 08:33 AM
Missed it....I was just shocked when I heard it.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-10, 10:08 AM
I was too. They are calling it a suspension though. Your CEO Friend will probably tell you that they will come back to ISP when market conditions improve.

PhilDernerJr
2008-07-10, 01:50 PM
I was too. They are calling it a suspension though. Your CEO Friend will probably tell you that they will come back to ISP when market conditions improve.

No, that's what he told the press. He'll probably tell his friends it's a part of their dismantling. ;)

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-07-10, 06:47 PM
Could be.

nwafan20
2008-07-12, 07:41 PM
Sad to say it, but I don't think Spirit will be around this time next year.

It is really quite sad, they started out as the Detroit hometown airline. First formed in Detroit, and major ops there ever since. My first ever flight was on a Spirit DC-9 in the old old old colors... (http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=4646&nseq=1035) What a ride! I have rode Spirit so many times (every aircraft type they have flown, DC-9, MD-80, A319, A321), mainly before they tried to do this whole ULCC thing... For me they will be missed deeply.