PDA

View Full Version : Rocky and the Russians

Idlewild
2008-07-05, 12:40 AM
Two things: I just saw Cliff Hanger with Sly Stallone and totally dug the scene where the DC-9 and a JetstarII are doing a real time person to airplane transfer in mid-flight.
I also found out through Flight International that the Russians are creating several "spotting" areas at one of the Moscow (I forget which one) airports. They finally figured out there is a big market so to speak for spotting wicked looking Russians on Take-off and/or Final.

Mateo
2008-07-05, 11:18 AM
It's at DME, I believe.

This is the concept in Russia - a country where "kill everyone, and then revive the good guys," is an accepted security practice, and yet the Port still wets their pants at the sight of guys with cameras.

SengaB
2008-07-06, 09:36 AM
Thats good news to hear. I have been wanting to go to Russia for several years for photography was concerned with shooting. This is very encouraging.
Senga

RDU-JFK
2008-07-07, 08:35 AM
When I saw the thread topic I thought someone was going to mention the DC-3 landing in the Soviet Union towards the end of Rocky IV...

"I must break you..."

RDU-JFK
2008-07-07, 08:36 AM
When I saw the thread topic I thought someone was going to mention the DC-3 landing in the Soviet Union towards the end of Rocky IV...

"I must break you..."