PDA

View Full Version : SilverJet is bye bye

T-Bird76
2008-05-30, 12:30 PM
Add one more to the list of niche carriers to go under....SilverJet.

http://www.jetphotos.net/news/index.php ... &tb=1&pb=1 (http://www.jetphotos.net/news/index.php?blog=1&title=silverjet-ceases-operations&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)

To our dear customers,

When our inaugural flight took off in January 2007, we pledged to change the face of air travel. Your appreciation of our unique values and your belief in our product has allowed us to achieve this.

Your belief in us was shared by our investors - but regrettably, due to unforeseen circumstances, they were unable to unlock the finance that we needed. As a result, we are very sad to announce that from 30 May 2008, we will cease operations and we are no longer able to honour flight reservations.

We extend our sincerest apologies to those of you who have travel plans with Silverjet in the future and at present. You are advised to seek alternative travel arrangements with other carriers, and contact your credit card company or travel agent directly for information on obtaining refunds.

We are working actively with new investors who are prepared to inject new funds so we can recommence operations. If we are able to achieve this, we will make an announcement as soon as possible and we hope to be able to bring you our very 'sivilised' flying experience again.

Thank you for your support - it has meant everything.

Yours sincerely,

Lawrence Hunt, CEO

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-30, 12:32 PM
So of the four local ones, L'Avion was the winner!!

I'm not surprised by this at all.

T-Bird76
2008-05-30, 12:33 PM
So of the four local ones, L'Avion was the winner!!

Phil this is historic..Its the first time the French have ever won anything! :twisted:

mirrodie
2008-05-30, 12:55 PM
[quote="Phil D.":1nkbf22z]So of the four local ones, L'Avion was the winner!!

Phil this is historic..Its the first time the French have ever won anything! :twisted:[/quote:1nkbf22z]

OMG :mrgreen:

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-30, 01:16 PM
Yeah, it's like a second Reign of Terror.

I guess the "what will happen to the fleet" questions have been answered when Eos and Maxjet dropped out as well. Not much to say here.

Is L'Avion doing well though?

Midnight Mike
2008-05-30, 01:20 PM
[quote="Phil D.":3fsv1iuv]So of the four local ones, L'Avion was the winner!!

Phil this is historic..Its the first time the French have ever won anything! :twisted:

OMG :mrgreen:[/quote:3fsv1iuv]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Comments/french-surrender20moto.jpg

SoPictureThis
2008-05-30, 03:12 PM
Hah! Regrettably, I'll have to disagree with you all -- we French have not won. Without question, the most successful premium service airline flying to the NY area would be PrivatAir. Germans! :shock: :P

- jMay

Matt Molnar
2008-05-30, 03:16 PM
Is L'Avion doing well though?
They just signed a codeshare with BA OpenSkies so I would think they're fairly stable, though BA has been making a lot of questionable decisions lately so who knows.

L'Avion was definitely the sleeper of the group. Never saw one bit of marketing from them on this side of the ocean, figured they'd be dead long ago.

cancidas
2008-05-30, 04:01 PM
Hah! Regrettably, I'll have to disagree with you all -- we French have not won. Without question, the most successful premium service airline flying to the NY area would be PrivatAir. Germans!
i have to agree with you on that one josh. they did the smart thing and paired up with other carriers to supply them a steady stream of pax, contracts for ground handling and other services. a fwe years back when i was still an airline managment major i had a project that included setting up an airline like this. maybe it was an omen but when the class was graded by managers from AAL (freinds of the professor) those of us that chose to go out on our own were told that our business model would eventually fail while the few that decided to pair up with another carrier were the ones to get the A's.

privatair was definately smart when they decided to fly for DLH and KLM.

Matt Molnar
2008-05-30, 04:37 PM
Without question, the most successful premium service airline flying to the NY area would be PrivatAir. Germans!
They do have bases in Germany, but they're actually a Swiss company. :)

T-Bird76
2008-05-30, 04:48 PM
PrivatAir is owned by LH just like Swiss is and part of BMI soon all perhaps. Germans didn't need to win WWII they are taking over Europe by the way of LH.

Lezam
2008-05-30, 05:11 PM
Who knows if lavion will last? Its amazing that all these niche airlines went down within a couple of months within each other. It doesn't look like they tried shifting focus onto something a little more profitable either.