PDA

View Full Version : Another pastor complicates Obama’s campaign

Midnight Mike
2008-05-30, 11:07 AM
Another freaky pastor from the church that Obama is a member of, sad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24882600/

Sen. Barack Obama sought Thursday night to extinguish a burgeoning controversy over another Chicago minister who supports him, denouncing the comments of a Catholic priest who said “a whole lot of white people [are] crying” because a black man was within reach of the Democratic presidential nomination.

She always thought, ‘This is mine. I’m Bill’s wife, I’m white and this is mine,’” Pfleger said in his fiery sermon.

As the racially mixed congregation responded “Amen!” and “Yes, sir!” Pfleger pretended to cry and shouted: “And then out of nowhere came him, Barack Obama. And she said: ‘Damn! Where did you come from?! I’m white! I’m entitled! There’s a black man stealing my show!’

She wasn’t the only one crying!” he said. “There was a whole a lot of white people crying!”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24882600/

adam613
2008-05-30, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately, the pastor is probably right...

Midnight Mike
2008-05-30, 07:46 PM
Goodness, this guy is a piece of work, Obama keeps strange company :arrow:

H0WpXhcgeMM

TWigzBClEk8

nwafan20
2008-05-30, 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, the pastor is probably right...

Oh come on. I know many white people who support Obama, and many black people who are prejudice against white politicians.

Hell, listen to that pastors comment, implying that George Bush is comparable to George Wallace saying "I mean you act like it, you look like it, you may be related to him!"

This kind of stuff has no place in "church". This isn't church, it is a political rally.

Furthermore I am sick of these liberals thinking that Obama is God. If you say ANYTHING against Obama, your a racist pig. Of you disagree with something about him, its because hes black.... What????

Midnight Mike
2008-05-31, 09:26 AM
Here is Obama's current preacher, what a piece of work....

z5RYG_6PYPs

Matt Molnar
2008-05-31, 01:56 PM
I understand black politicians often have to rely on local preachers for the support which gets them elected, which is more of a business arrangement than actually having anything to do with the preachers' message. Obama's church, however, seems to be a consistent messenger of hatred and negativity toward white people...they make Al Sharpton sound eloquent. To be associated with an organization like this when you're already facing an uphill battle as the first black contender has to make you question his judgment.

Matt Molnar
2008-05-31, 08:00 PM
From my mouth to Obama's ears:

Obama quits Chicago church after long controversy (http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080531/D910TLRG0.html)
Email this Story

May 31, 7:07 PM (ET)

By TOM RAUM

(AP) In this Oct. 31, 2004 file photo, Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., then...

ABERDEEN, S.D. (AP) - Barack Obama has resigned his 20 year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor the Rev. Jeremiah Wright and more recent fiery remarks at the church by another minister.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-31, 09:04 PM
Obama quits Chicago church after long controversy

Obama should have taken care of this church last year, his present action is perhaps tooo late to stem the criticism that is bound to be launched in Obama's direction & this will be an election campaign issue.

I am sure the direction of the attack is going to be lack of judgement, & they have the videos from 3 of the racist preachers..

T-Bird76
2008-06-02, 10:42 AM
This church thing will not affect him at all. If it really was going to hurt his chances he'd be losing Super delegates by the dozen already. The GOP will have to tread carefully with this, but I'm sure they'll beat it into the ground which will only hurt their chances as most Americans will see the move as nothing more then negative campaigning.

Matt Molnar
2008-06-02, 03:34 PM
...most Americans will see the move as nothing more then negative campaigning.
Not so sure about that, Tommy. Whether it's fair or not, I think people hearing Obama's preacher equate his campaign to a leper (a black guy) taking over an enemy camp (white America) is pretty damn disturbing and would raise questions in the minds of even many left-leaning folks.

T-Bird76
2008-06-02, 03:56 PM
...most Americans will see the move as nothing more then negative campaigning.
Not so sure about that, Tommy. Whether it's fair or not, I think people hearing Obama's preacher equate his campaign to a leper (a black guy) taking over an enemy camp (white America) is pretty damn disturbing and would raise questions in the minds of even many left-leaning folks.

I disagree; anyone with an inch of common sense knows this guy is a wack. At this point its clear Obama's former church is out to get him. The Good Rev Wright is pissed off that he's not going to be living the good life in Georgetown driving up to the Whitehouse to meet with Obama and therefore they are going to do everything to bring bad press to him.

Midnight Mike
2008-06-02, 06:34 PM
Change, change, change

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=492_1212423029