PDA

View Full Version : Spotting from YYZ Terminals?

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-19, 06:59 PM
I'll be transferring through YYZ this summer for my flights to Europe and I was curious how the spotting opportunities are from the terminal inside security?

I know there are a few members on the board that have recently passed through the airport. On my way to Europe I'll only have 1hr30mn of transfer time so I think most of the time will be spent in transfer. However on my return I have about three hours to kill between my arrival from LHR and my departure to LGA.

Thanks!

T-Bird76
2008-05-19, 08:09 PM
You only have an hour and 30 mins Gordan? That's really pushing it.....if you get delayed out of LGA your will miss your connection. Customs can be a bitch at YYZ and then you have to transfer your bags and go back through security. Anytime I've transferred at YYZ I gave myself 2.5 hours....and still they managed to delay my bag....twice. YYZ is a rather nice airport but they have a bad rep when it comes to bags and customs. What time do you arrive into YYZ?

As for spotting...tons of clean windows, its a rather nice terminal.

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-19, 08:19 PM
I wasn't aware that I had to transfer my bags! My AC flight from LGA arrives at 8:17pm and my AC flight to MAD departs at 9:45pm.

I'll see if I can change my departure from EWR which would give me a couple of spare hours.

Clean windows = :)

T-Bird76
2008-05-19, 08:46 PM
Yes when you arrive in Canada you have to go through Canadian customs...So you collect your bag, go through customs, then drop your bad on the connection belt, and then go back through security, its very annoying. You might be ok at that hour of the night since all the Euro arrivals would have been in for some time. I just don't trust that airport..I've had to many close calls.

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-19, 09:04 PM
My mother would rather chance it then have to pay $200 to change the departing flight to EWR.

I guess I'll need some Canadian luck on my side!

Matt Molnar
2008-05-19, 10:38 PM
Why'd you pick AC? Just for something different?

Iberia A340-600
2008-05-20, 07:03 AM
Why'd you pick AC? Just for something different?

Surprisingly they were the cheapest for the route we were looking for. NYC-MAD, LON-NYC. British Airways was a close second but involved buying a ticket on British Airways and a ticket on Easyet and transferring from LHR to LGW.