PDA

View Full Version : GTA IV

emshighway
2008-04-30, 12:20 PM
Anyone play yet? It is great. The Airport is Francis International. You can't go in the terminals but can walk around the perimeter but don't pass the gate or the cops start shooting (good they don't give PAPD bullets :lol: ). Took a boat and tried to go water side put once you touch the perimeter they send SWAT after you (GTA's version of PIDS).

The game has a real NYC character to it.

Matt Molnar
2008-04-30, 12:33 PM
I'm itching to get PS3 so I can play it. I read a thing about real restaurants represented in the game...there's a Steinway Beer Garden which of course is meant to be the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria, a diner that looks like Jackson Hole on the side of the GCP, Bean Machine is meant to be Dean & Deluca in Rock Center, and others.

cancidas
2008-04-30, 12:45 PM
my brother has it on pre-order, but the PS3 is down for mx...

adam613
2008-04-30, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a copy...as of now, Rock Band is STILL the only 360 game I own, and I always like to support games that Jack Thompson attempts to ban...:)

mirrodie
2008-04-30, 02:09 PM
Buy can you still fly jets into and out of LGA or JFK? That is the question!

USAF Pilot 07
2008-04-30, 09:14 PM
The game is awesome... I've been playing non-stop the last 2 days... ridic!

stuart schechter
2008-04-30, 11:20 PM
Let the addictions begin...Now I have to wait 6 months for it to come out on PC :evil:

mirrodie
2008-05-02, 05:56 PM
I stopepd by my parent's to drop off my son this morning.

I saw my brothers GTA IV book. So I guess he has the game and the book with the game laid out in detail. I persued it, saw that no planes inside but helicopters.

Apparently you are allowed inside the airport perimeter on multiplayer games.

Good times.

mirrodie
2008-05-09, 06:18 PM
Just had lunch at my parent's palce and saw my brother playing.

I started messing around with it, mowing down virtual folks on the West Side Highway bike path with the Statue of Liberty in the distance.

Then my brother enabled a cheat and POOF, I'm in a blackhawk helicopter, crossing over the river to LGA.

LGA looked very busy with several 747s parked at the gate. If you look closely you can see Ron giving orders! :wink: