PDA

View Full Version : Hillary to appear on O'Reilly!

T-Bird76
2008-04-29, 02:39 PM
Boys and girls this is going to be good!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/29 ... ly-factor/ (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/29/hillary-clinton-to-appear-on-the-oreilly-factor/)

Matt Molnar
2008-04-29, 03:11 PM
This essentially confirms the theory that she is only remaining in the race to destroy Obama for the general election so that she can run in 2012. FoxNews is the last place she would go (literally, as she has never appeared on FoxNews in its 12 years in existence) if she were trying to boost her own campaign. She won't be able to stand up to O'Reilly on her own record, so I would expect she will try to steer the conversation to Obama at every opportunity.

Midnight Mike
2008-04-29, 03:19 PM
Here will be her response after a tough question

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTB62AaH-4[/youtubeAlso, Clinton has been on Fox News before......

Midnight Mike
2008-05-01, 12:39 AM
Hillary Clinton On The Factor With Bill O'Reilly | Part 1

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YUbvwRecc[/youtube

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-01, 11:05 AM
Wow. She called OPEC a CARTEL!!!! haha. I actually like that.

Tommy, she played a Teddy Roosevelt card, too!

I do not like Hillary. For MANY reasons. But this interview is her being very strong I think. I would bet that a decent amount of people, especially conservative FoxNews viewers who still don't know who to vote for, are now considering her.

I wonder how the other two parts will go.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-01, 11:28 AM
Hillary Clinton On The Factor With Bill O'Reilly | Part 2

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5yg0EasR7M[/youtube

Midnight Mike
2008-05-01, 10:47 PM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPRtmLDJcBM[/youtube
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkPk2F9e0Zw[/youtube:4f759]

Matt Molnar
2008-05-01, 10:48 PM
Interesting. Both she and Bill behaved pretty well. It was refreshing to hear discussion about actual policies rather than the usual horse race garbage that has been filling even the "serious" Sunday political shows. I thought she was going to use her time to blast Obama, but instead she talked about her own views, or at least that's how it was edited to appear.

That said, I still disagree with most of her policies. I appreciate her tough talk about OPEC, but it's meaningless. They don't care what we have to say until we start sending aircraft carriers. Unless we start drilling in Alaska, build some nuke plants and implement some serious fuel efficiency regulations (Congress' 35MPG mandate is a joke), she can talk about it all she wants and we'll still be paying $4-$5 a gallon, living at the mercy of guys whose daily life is essentially a vacation floating around aboard their gold plated A380s.

Her "windfall profits" tax on oil companies (Obama also advocates this approach) is sadly misguided. If she thinks this is a way to get them to sell gas at smaller margins to avoid paying the tax...she's wrong. No CEO of a publicly traded company will ever purposely make less money for any reason. They will do the opposite and simply inflate their prices even more to absorb the cost of the tax. Second, how do you define a "windfall?" A windfall is an unexpected event. ExxonMobil, for example, has been pumping out $10 billion profits every quarter for the past couple years and will continue to do so as long as oil remains where it is. That's not a windfall, that's simply doing business. I want the oil companies to keep all that money and use it to drill Alaska.

Her health care plan sounds like a disaster. If we're going to do it, it has to be all in, as in the UK where nobody pays for anything. Creating a new national bureaucracy just to devise criteria for who pays and who doesn't would be like the IRS except with dying.

Bill was very nice to her re: all she's done for New York. I can't think of a single initiative she's achieved for the benefit of her constituents. Even if Chuck Schumer is full of crap most of the time, at least he tries to make it look like he's doing something.

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-02, 12:10 AM
Just a few seconds in, she says "We are from New York." No, Hillary, you're not from NY. You live here and work for us. You're not FROM here. Get that straight.

Otherwise, again, she impressed me. She comes across as very geniune, even though I disagree with some of her views.

Midnight Mike
2008-05-02, 01:11 AM
Clinton & Obama lost me with their attitudes towards illegal aliens, Obama actually wants to award illegal aliens with a drivers license......

When Clinton said that she would not go after Sanctuary Cities protecting illegal aliens, I lost attention,

PhilDernerJr
2008-05-02, 01:25 AM
Maybe it's because I live in New York, but immigration is so small on the list of issues next to the war on terror, our economy, and gas prices. Immigration is #4 for me.