PDA

View Full Version : Fokker F-100NXT

Delta777LR
2008-04-28, 09:48 PM
I was reading this thread on A.net today about the Fokker 100NXT and Im wondering if theres going to be a chance that Fokker will come back on line again.... I miss the F-100s, and I thought about this for a while now... I would have thought that Fokker would have came up with the Fokker F-110 or 120.... Check out this picture I found on A.net

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/sergair/Fokker100nxt.jpg

Does anyone think that this aircraft could attrack any orders or what?

PhilDernerJr
2008-04-28, 11:19 PM
I thought Fokker shut down. Who would be making this then?

cancidas
2008-04-28, 11:32 PM
Does anyone think that this aircraft could attrack any orders or what?
it all depends on how big they're going to build it. nobody wants 50-seat airplanes anymore. if it holds between 70 and 100 and is finacially viable to operate perhaps we could see them coming back. there is a very large dominance in that market though, they call themselves Embraer.

DHG750R
2008-04-29, 03:22 AM
In the original plans for the F100 there was a 70 seater which was built. and a 130seater which of course wasnt built. The F100's had some inherent flaws which helped doom it here in the states. There were some landing gear incidents/accidents ( collapes) and the A/C system was very inadequate for the summer months. With the APU working as well as external air conditioning carts. This barely kept temps bareable in the summer.

The Landing gear and pneumatic systems were both carried over from the much lighter F28. I know the landing gear woes were largely solved by upgrading the entire assembly but the cooling was not entirely solved in spite of AA coming up with a mod to increase air flow.

Overall , It wasnt an awful airplane. It was very fuel effiecient , and quiet ( especially when compared to the DC9 which it was purchased to replace, it never really caught on very well.

Fokker still exists . They no longer make aircaft but the manufacture compnents for various types. http://www.fokker.nl/

markg
2008-04-29, 03:22 PM
I thought Fokker shut down. Who would be making this then?

Possibly Rekkof who were born from Fokker after the shutdown.