PDA

View Full Version : Whats going to happen with Eos 757s?

Delta777LR
2008-04-28, 02:10 PM
Now that Eos has ceased flying, im wondering who will pick up those 757s.. I know their 757s are still pretty young, believe some were Ex Mexicanas and ATAs if im not mistaking.. Are they going to be stored at JFK for a while???

cancidas
2008-04-28, 02:12 PM
i'm wondering if L'Avion might pick up the airplanes that have been modded with winglets but have yet to be painted. then again, those might fetch a pretty penny...

T-Bird76
2008-04-28, 04:00 PM
Nope not stored, back to the lessors ASAP.

Nonstop2AUH
2008-04-29, 04:14 AM
These planes all belong to ILFC, which I believe has placed some other former Mexican-operated 757s it owned with other foreign airlines (IIRC some went to a Turkish charter co. for example)...In terms of the cabin, Eos was all about the seat, and had no hard-wired IFE or other major internal changes I'm aware of (i.e. galley/lavs/lighting/bins are standard 757), so I imagine it would not take long to slide out the 48 Eos seats and replace them with the normal 757 configuration. Unfortunately, conditions being what they are, I am sure these aircraft will find a new home faster than most Eos employees.