PDA

View Full Version : Brief visit to NYC

Alex T
2008-04-20, 07:17 PM
Literally last minute, I was asked if I could head to NYC for a day to help a friend move some stuff, so I agreed, had no time to make any plans nor would there be any.

I flew First STL-ORD on AA, and then spent the night, then from chicago to new york city we drove for nearly 13 hrs, I drove myself the entire state of Ohio (B-O-R-I-N-G state). We arrived into NYC at around 2 or 2:30am Sat morning (late fri night). Even at 2:00am the city was well alive and bustling, with traffic and such, the city that never sleeps!

We drove through Manhattan, and yes there are videos of us driving through the lincoln tunnel and Manhattan downtown, which tommy made fun of me for doing haha.

I stayed in Queens with my friend and his wife helping move stuff and building shelves, took a walk around queens to show me the area. Then today (sunday) had to fly LGA-STL back. LGA is rather busy!!!

My flight ORD-LGA got diverted to JFK due to minimums and they cancelled the JFK-LGA so I was without an aircraft and freaking out cause I was non revving.

Finally my friend whom was working LGA-STL at the gate called me over and said if the FA JS I can get on board, so they worked around and waited to see if anyone else upgraded, and no one else did and was given 3F, beautiful! Slept and ate on the LGA-STL flight and just got home awhile ago.

NYC is very cool from what I have seen so far. It was very sobering to see the skyline of NYC taking off from NYC and not see the WTC. One of those moments where you just have to sit and take it in.

Anyway I hope to come back in June and this time stay a bit longer and enjoy the city and possibly meet some of you all this time.

Alex

T-Bird76
2008-04-20, 07:33 PM
Fish out of water boys and girls....fish out of water, LOLOL ;)

Here you go kids! The Trude!

esq5Ajmbux8

QEtbB3ZvfmU

IWB6GwOqQq8

stuart schechter
2008-04-20, 08:10 PM
"This is Macy's, the original Macy's...OH WOW!!!"

Great!!
Looking forward to meeting you sometime.