PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Airlines Files for Chapter 11

Midnight Mike
2008-04-11, 02:21 AM
Frontier Airlines Files for Chapter 11 Reorganization; Normal Operations Continuing and Unaffected
Friday April 11, 2:01 am ET

- Frontier Airlines and Subsidiaries Will Continue to Operate Complete Flight Schedule,

Honor All Tickets and Reservations, Maintain EarlyReturns Frequent Flyer Program, and Provide Pay and Benefits to Employees -

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080411/laf017.html?.v=101

T-Bird76
2008-04-11, 08:55 AM
OK.....for those who said "Tom your wrong about F9!" KISS MY A$$! I'm going to say it I TOLD YOU SO!. F9 lost ten of millions on their Lynx operation. WN moving into DEN hasn't helped them one bit and they have been bleeding cash on and off for years now. I see someone buying them....perhaps either a private equity firm or I'm thinking VX if they aren't totally broke as well.

Matt Molnar
2008-04-11, 09:19 AM
Oops. Still, it wasn't a catastrophic failure like Aloha or ATA, which is what I had in mind in my "Frontier is okay" posts. :)

Alex T
2008-04-11, 08:50 PM
This is truly a very frightning time now in aviation. Never have we seen so many airlines, file a type of Chapter Bankruptcy filing, and see 4 liquidate and close operations. Then one more due to liquidate in May (MG) and now F9 was next to file.

It does seem the F9 issue is only a Credit Card issue and not an airline/operation thing. I truly hope Tom is wrong and they don't liquidate. However, time is now ticking, 18 months once you file and you will be forced into liquidation.

Hoping they work it out and get back out of CH11 as quick as possible!

Alex