PDA

View Full Version : Shea Stadium security?

adam613
2008-04-10, 11:56 AM
So one of my co-workers somehow acquired several extra tickets to the Mets-Phillies game tonight, and invited me to come along. The problem is, I went to take tree pictures this morning so I have my camera and tripod with me. Will security let me bring that into Shea stadium?

(The seats are in the nosebleed section, so I probably won't be taking many pictures.)

PhilDernerJr
2008-04-10, 12:37 PM
I understand this to be hit or miss. I would leave the tripod in the office if possible, but you should be safe with your camera. Sometimes guards stop you, but I'd recommend just trying to different gate if one guy says no, or explain you came by train or whatever excuse you'd like to use (insist it's not professional or something).

Lezam
2008-04-10, 06:00 PM
Be sure to leave in the middle of an inning and get some shots of LGA. From the nosebleed level, you have a clear pretty much unobstructed view.

moose135
2008-04-10, 07:10 PM
It's too late to help Adam, but for the future, here's my experiences. I've brought the 30D/100-400mm combo on many occasions. The reactions from security range from "Nice camera!" to "I don't know if you are allowed to bring that in" (well if you don't, who the frack does?) Whenever there's any doubt, I fall back on my standard "They always let me bring it in before".

Matt Molnar
2008-04-11, 09:28 AM
I think you'll be okay with the lens, the tripod might be pushing it though.

adam613
2008-04-11, 09:58 AM
Tis ok, I didn't end up going to the game...good thing too...I was out late enough as it was, and they were still in regulation when I got home!

Thanks though...