PDA

View Full Version : Aprils Fools or Legit? DL new Cabin

mirrodie
2008-04-02, 11:49 AM
Been wondering how true this is as it surfaced last night.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... delta.html (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/04/01/222601/aircraft-interiors-expo-thompson-cozies-up-to-delta.html)

cancidas
2008-04-02, 12:13 PM
also saw it last night, ron pointed it out as i tend to sack out on commercial airplanes these days. i think it's legit, and think that i might just try flying DL once or twice to try these seats out. i do wonder how the seat pitch is going to be affected by this, the window seat person may have a tad bit of a problem getting up to use the head etc. still a really cool idea!

T-Bird76
2008-04-02, 02:26 PM
Its legit but I have to wonder the economics behind spending this kind of capital and keeping the 763s in service...? Delta's 767s are getting long in the tooth, is this enough to make a passenger choose Delta over another airline that's operating the 787 or A350? I wonder what American will do? AA hasn't ordered new planes and if they keep their Y cabins as is they'll be well behind the 8 ball.

cancidas
2008-04-02, 02:56 PM
Its legit but I have to wonder the economics behind spending this kind of capital and keeping the 763s in service...? Delta's 767s are getting long in the tooth, is this enough to make a passenger choose Delta over another airline that's operating the 787 or A350? I wonder what American will do? AA hasn't ordered new planes and if they keep their Y cabins as is they'll be well behind the 8 ball.

this could just be a stop-gap measure to increase thier popularity until the day they can say they're flying the newest airplane in the sky. i wouldn't be surprised if this continues to be the seat installed on thier new fleet. i'm wondering why they waited so long to make this public though, they've already got new-build airplanes coming from seattle. also, DL TOC will be the ones doing most of the conversion work on the existing airplanes in the fleet so you're creating work for your own people at the same time you're improving your image. and it's not like this is a major alteration to the airplane that requires rebuiilding....

you're right about AAL, they're definately lagging. i know one thing for sure, it'll definately be interesting to watch.