PDA

View Full Version : Sadr gives up in Iraq, orders an end to armed fighting

T-Bird76
2008-03-31, 09:57 AM
Amazing how I haven't seen this in any of the U.S media just yet.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/ ... llower.php (http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2008/03/sadr_orders_follower.php)

adam613
2008-03-31, 11:20 AM
What do you mean, you haven't seen this in the US media? It was on the front page above the fold in the Times today...

T-Bird76
2008-03-31, 11:43 AM
What do you mean, you haven't seen this in the US media? It was on the front page above the fold in the Times today...

I think its clear Adam...I hadn't seen this in the U.S Media at the time of posting..not all of us read the Times, I rather like Non-Fictional news rather then Fictional. The fact is this story broke in the International media before it hit the U.S media. This should be top of the day based on the doom and gloom the media reported about the conflict recently. Even now its not making headline news on most of the media websites...didn't check the Times website but then again who reads the Times?

Btw the post isn't about who's reporting the story its about Sadr giving up and realizing he's been defeated...

adam613
2008-03-31, 12:16 PM
I think its clear Adam...I hadn't seen this in the U.S Media at the time of posting..not all of us read the Times, I rather like Non-Fictional news rather then Fictional. The fact is this story broke in the International media before it hit the U.S media. This should be top of the day based on the doom and gloom the media reported about the conflict recently. Even now its not making headline news on most of the media websites...didn't check the Times website but then again who reads the Times?

Btw the post isn't about who's reporting the story its about Sadr giving up and realizing he's been defeated...

Your post was about who is reporting the story. And if you're more into made-up news than the facts, it's on the front page of foxnews.com as well.

BTW, the Times is the one of the most widely-read newspapers in the US, and the most popular newspaper website in the world. That's why I used it as an example :P