PDA

View Full Version : Aloha Airlines is Shutting down

T-Bird76
2008-03-30, 05:41 PM
A once proud name and certainly a historic icon in the U.S Aviation industry is no longer...

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S= ... menu55_1_1 (http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=8090803&nav=menu55_1_1)

Derf
2008-03-30, 05:48 PM
No longer passenger ops...just cargo.......really sad

nwafan20
2008-03-30, 09:32 PM
Thanks Mesa!

FlyingColors
2008-03-30, 09:50 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :(

Alex T
2008-03-30, 11:16 PM
Unless Mesa actually did something illegal in the fare pricing and competitve system, AQ really has no one to blame but themselves.

Why must we blame Mesa when AQ simply could not compete. It's like AA blaming Southwest Airlines for pulling down their flights out of DFW, no fact was AA couldn't make money and couldn't compete.

I have no sympathies for airlines who cannot compete in the airline business. It is a free country and any airline has the right to operate whatever they want at whatever fare they want as long as they are legal and meet the FAA standards.

So, someone tell me why Mesa lays at fault for wrongful mgmt that lead to AQ's demise?

With it said, I do hope the employees are able to find something and wish them luck.

Alex

Midnight Mike
2008-03-31, 04:32 PM
Unless Mesa actually did something illegal in the fare pricing and competitve system, AQ really has no one to blame but themselves.

Why must we blame Mesa when AQ simply could not compete. It's like AA blaming Southwest Airlines for pulling down their flights out of DFW, no fact was AA couldn't make money and couldn't compete.

I have no sympathies for airlines who cannot compete in the airline business. It is a free country and any airline has the right to operate whatever they want at whatever fare they want as long as they are legal and meet the FAA standards.

So, someone tell me why Mesa lays at fault for wrongful mgmt that lead to AQ's demise?

With it said, I do hope the employees are able to find something and wish them luck.

Alex

There is a pending lawsuit against Mesa, Hawaiian already won their lawsuit.

Mesa is selling tickets at a loss, that is called dumping, it was Mesa's plan for one of the Hawaiian carriers to go bankrupt, Mesa got their wish.

DHG750R
2008-04-02, 12:46 AM

Alex

It's predatory at a minimum. Mesa was given access to Hawaiian's financial's based on the interest of acquiring them. It's possible they did the same with Aloha?

Weather or not they would have been able to compete had oil stayed at a "reasonable" rate , no one can tell. The Arrival of Mesa certainly pushed them over the breaking point. No airline in his right mind would have entered the interisland market with 2 major players HA and AQ and 1 minor player Island Air already entrenched.

After all we are not just talking about an airline with a long history, but more importanly .. people.

It's very sad to see what's happening to the employees of Aloha , as a major employer in the state , it's big news locally. http://kgmb9.com/main/content/blogcategory/67/196/

Eddie.
2008-04-02, 10:44 PM
Pretty sad. Anybody have word of fleet movements? One rumor says some might go to GOL. If thats the case, I might get lucky with them moving through MIA or FLL.

Or I could possibly get a scrapped 732 at OPF. Either way, I'd be happy.

crj200dispatcher
2008-04-02, 11:05 PM
Mesa, planned this all along, and it is sad, but like my mom always said "what comes around goes around", and it looks like it might, with DL possibly dropping some of Mesa's Freedom flights, and from what is written on flightinfo.com Mesa is not in the best financial situation at this time either