PDA

View Full Version : More tales from the office...Acronyms

T-Bird76
2008-03-28, 05:07 PM
So right now I'm just about crying from laughing over my company's latest acronym. We have lots of acronyms for different jobs. We have EC, ROM, ZOM, ZTSM, RGM, EST, ESS, and FSC...etc...You can almost have an entire conversation using these acronyms.

So today one of our divisions came up with a new acronym...that acronym is APE.... (Automated Project Engineer) Can you just imagine the conversations you can have? "My APE is out on a call." "Hi this is Tyron, he's my APE." "Our APE's are at a customer's office." "Get the APE in Dallas on the phone." Some people don't think when they come up with this stuff...

mirrodie
2008-03-28, 05:18 PM
tommy is bored at work.

I nomi9nate Tommy for a guest appearance on THE OFFICE

adam613
2008-03-28, 05:19 PM
Tommy, are you having problems with your TPS reports again?

USAF Pilot 07
2008-03-28, 05:26 PM
You think your job is bad?? Try the U.S. Air Force... I think all we do is speak in acronym!

T-Bird76
2008-03-28, 10:16 PM
I forgot to mention another one we have that we use as a code in one of our systems to label when people are out...I swear I'm not making these up. Short Term Disability.

lijk604
2008-03-31, 04:21 PM
I along with a bunch of others here are in the aviation industry, the industry that invented the acronym. Many of you are already familiar with "our" acronyms so I wont repeat any of them here until I can think of some new ones.