PDA

View Full Version : Female Pilots Know Their Role

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-20, 09:28 AM
It's nice to see women, though acheiving a job formerly dominated by men, still getting back to their roots....cleaning. ;)

[airliners36925[/airlinersI do love seeing photos of pilots doing things outside the cockpit...the walkarounds, cleaning windows, etc.

Derf
2008-03-20, 10:00 AM
The reason why god gave women small feet was so that she could be closer to the sink
and the laundry etc.... I know this as fact as I do all the dishes and the laundry and can
tell you that it sucx! :lol:

There are so many one liners that can be said about this photo.....

flyboy 28
2008-03-20, 11:57 AM
Why isn't she back in the galley, making the co-pilot a sandwich? :)

Matt Molnar
2008-03-20, 01:28 PM
Judging by the scarf, the co-pilot is a woman, too. They should be in the back making the tug driver a sandwich. :)

hiss srq
2008-03-20, 01:32 PM
I put five stars on this one and the comment I tried to add was "Holding a bottle and cleaning a plane. Tradition. should never die" Needless to say it got rejected.

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-20, 02:00 PM
Well, I don't know about you guys, but before this gets ugly, I would like to say I was just kidding!!! haha

Alex T
2008-03-20, 02:39 PM
That is sorta hot to see an all female pilot crew woo hoo!

Doing their duties of cleaning as Phil mentioned. (god im going to hell for that)

Alex

emshighway
2008-03-20, 07:49 PM
Well, I don't know about you guys, but before this gets ugly, I would like to say I was just kidding!!! haha

Mel must have just logged on :shock:

nwafan20
2008-03-22, 09:50 PM

Somehow I don't think so...

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-22, 09:56 PM
Man. That's awkward. :? *cricket* haha

Anyway, how common is it for two women to be running the show in the cockpit? Obviously it happens, but that has to be uncommon in itself.

hiss srq
2008-03-22, 11:00 PM
Transavia 402 right on Kilo after the 757 and if I can get the eggs over easy and unfertilized that would be great. Cleared to the gate. (Stamped my ticket to hell)

cancidas
2008-03-23, 07:43 AM
Man. That's awkward. :? *cricket* haha

Anyway, how common is it for two women to be running the show in the cockpit? Obviously it happens, but that has to be uncommon in itself.
i know more than a few instances where our CHQ flights have been an al-female crew. i don't get to hang out with them anymore, i've been banished to operations and have no interaction with them. i don't have the luxury of leaving my position for hours on end like some i work with... :roll:

LGA777
2008-03-23, 08:22 AM
Not long after getting hired at Piedmont at LGA in the mid 80's I had the pleasure of boarding and then pulling the jetway on a 727 that had an all female crew, 3 on the flight deck and 4 in the cabin. All 3 wing-walkers where female also (common then). Only the mechanic driving the pushback tug and myself closing the cabin door and retracting the jetway where the only males involoved with that departure. It was unforgettable.

Cheers

LGA777

emshighway
2008-03-23, 12:02 PM

Somehow I don't think so...

Sorry, didn't know.

cancidas
2008-03-23, 12:23 PM
at least she was doing something productive instead of being caught up in a intense conversation at the gate...

moose135
2008-03-23, 10:52 PM
All this talk about female pilots reminds me - for over a year, I flew with a female aircraft commander on my KC-135 crew. In fact, she was in the first group of women the Air Force sent through pilot training in 1976. Being an officer and a gentleman, I will refrain from commenting on the experience, both in and out of the aircraft :wink:

Interestingly enough, around that same time, I flew some with another woman from that group, a T-37 instructor pilot. Not only an outstanding pilot, but a great person as well.

cancidas
2008-03-23, 11:05 PM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/ai092705a4.jpg

lijk604
2008-03-25, 10:31 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/ai092705a4.jpg

...and these women are????? (Obviously pilots, but what do they fly? Are they all Captains? etc...)

moose135
2008-03-25, 10:42 AM
...and these women are????? (Obviously pilots, but what do they fly? Are they all Captains? etc...)

Offhand, it looks like a C-130, so I would assume a couple of pilots, a naviguessor, flight engineer and a couple of load masters. And be careful - at least four of them look to be packing heat!

lijk604
2008-03-25, 11:43 AM

Offhand, it looks like a C-130, so I would assume a couple of pilots, a naviguessor, flight engineer and a couple of load masters. And be careful - at least four of them look to be packing heat!

Not knocking any of them, just wondered if this was a special crew, or something along that idea. Maybe first full female crew, etc.

cancidas
2008-03-27, 10:58 AM

i believe that the pic was taken of the first all-female C-130 crew deployed during either OEF or OIF. and yea, they're all packing... the two pilots in a shoulder holster and ther rest of the crew on thier thighs.