PDA

View Full Version : US West Pilots Want Separate Contract

Matt Molnar
2008-03-14, 12:55 PM
US Airways says America West Pilots seek separate labor contract negotiations (http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/newstex/AFX-0013-23769452.htm)
March 14, 2008: 08:39 AM EST

LONDON, Mar. 14, 2008 (Thomson Financial delivered by Newstex) -- US Airways (NYSE:LCC) management said Friday it has been notified by America West pilots that they wish to pursue separate labor contract negotiations from US Airways pilots.

'Since the America West-US Airways merger was consummated, more than 400 US
Airways East (former US Air) pilots have been able to upgrade to captain
positions, yet less than 40 US Airways West (former America West) pilots have
been offered the same opportunity,' said Captain John McIlvenna, chairman of the union leadership group, highlighting one of the main grievances of the America West pilots.

T-Bird76
2008-03-14, 03:54 PM
But Matt airline mergers benefit labor according to Wall Street. What a joke!!! A company cannot operate like this..

Matt Molnar
2008-03-14, 04:03 PM
This on the same day US bought $2 billion worth of RR Trents for their new A330s. I would recommend you US guys keep your resumes fresh.

Today it also came to light that they've "relaxed" the infuriating $5 booking fee for reservations made on their own website.

T-Bird76
2008-03-14, 04:12 PM
I tell ya..I have 164,000 US miles....I need to blow them and soon. A $5 fee to book a ticket on a website...that's total BS. YOur doing all the work, its shocking when you think about it. In the past you use to speak to a human for free who would help you, now you do all the work yourself and get charged for doing it..