PDA

View Full Version : Delta cancels ISP

nyctotpo
2008-03-13, 03:32 PM
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... 6171&s=isp (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3886081/?threadid=3886081&searchid=3886171&s=isp)

Is this the gate that nk will use when they come here? Delta is ending their service a day before nk comes here.

emshighway
2008-03-13, 05:10 PM
That is the info...

Art at ISP
2008-03-14, 08:52 AM
I have mixed feelings about this one. While on one hand I understand the reasons, I still think we need to shake up the ISP market a little and have a real airline to compete with WN. US has turned into a mickey mouse operation, and Spirit isn't going to last that long having Florida as the only destination.

While DL wants to drive everyone to LGA and JFK, I think perhaps the route could have worked with the right aircraft. Does anyone know what the loads were? The 50 seaters need to go......

Maybe we should see if CO comes back with the Q-400 to EWR or CLE.....CLE I was told was possible from a logistical and economic perspective.

T-Bird76
2008-03-14, 09:45 AM
By 09 ISP is will be a one airline airport...

lijk604
2008-03-14, 04:16 PM
Dont count on that Tommy. Spirit wants to really grow at ISP, they just need to figure out how they can with the space that is here. I don't normally just say crazy things like this, so you have to trust me that I have the info on good authority.

T-Bird76
2008-03-14, 04:24 PM
Well they can use the Delta/US wing. That wing did at one time have more then one bridge, two or three if I remember.

Art at ISP
2008-03-14, 06:26 PM
I am going to call my friends Barry and Ben at Spirit and see what's up...I might actually use them once or twice...

Barry is in charge of marketing and Ben is CEO.

That said, I would like to see a legacy carrier there.....

nwafan20
2008-03-14, 09:59 PM
...You know the CEO of Spirit???

lijk604
2008-03-14, 10:10 PM
Well they can use the Delta/US wing. That wing did at one time have more then one bridge, two or three if I remember.

Funny thing I saw as I left the office today. They just, in the last week, replaced the Delta logo on the RJ gate to the new DL logo. Ahhh, progress.

Art at ISP
2008-03-15, 01:55 PM

He's a friend. I met him when he was at US Airways. His attempts to change Dividend Miles in 2002 gave birth to the Cockroaches now known as FFOCUS, the airline advocacy group of which I am chairman.

nwafan20
2008-03-15, 04:25 PM

He's a friend. I met him when he was at US Airways. His attempts to change Dividend Miles in 2002 gave birth to the Cockroaches now known as FFOCUS, the airline advocacy group of which I am chairman.

Very cool! Good luck with FFOCUS by the way!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-03-15, 10:24 PM
The loads for DL's ISP service was in the mid 70% range.

Art at ISP
2008-03-16, 12:44 PM
I think the issue was the equipment rather than the load factors. That said, ISP fares were considerably higher than LGA or JFK on similar routes, assuming connections in the same city.

50 seaters have to go--they are money losers from day one, and seriously clog up the airspace.

I do think there is room for a creative major airline (as well as another LCC or two), such as CO.

I'd love to see the Q400 running the hop back to EWR, or even CLE-as I said before, I was told that CLE was being considered especially with the improved economics of the Q.

emshighway
2008-03-16, 04:54 PM
Starting tomorrow an asbestos abatement will begin in the old "Skyway" resturant area then around the checkpoint. They expect to make a tunnel from the west escalator bank to the west gate area. A second tunnel will connect the first tunnel to the west exit lane and beyond the affected area. They will also be doing the second floor offices and balconies in the old terminal. It looks like this is expected to last until the end of April.

T-Bird76
2008-03-16, 05:12 PM
Starting tomorrow an asbestos abatement will begin in the old "Skyway" resturant area then around the checkpoint. They expect to make a tunnel from the west escalator bank to the west gate area. A second tunnel will connect the first tunnel to the west exit lane and beyond the affected area. They will also be doing the second floor offices and balconies in the old terminal. It looks like this is expected to last until the end of April.

EMS do you know what plans they have for the old Skyway restaurant?