PDA

View Full Version : LGA FSD off to Washington

emshighway
2008-03-11, 04:51 PM
It's not often I say I will miss a boss but this one will be missed.
---------------------------------------------------------

From: John Sammon, Assistant Administrator, Transportation Sector Network Management

It is my pleasure to announce the selection of Douglas Hofsass as general manager, Commercial Airports Security Division, Transportation Sector Network Management.

Doug joined TSA as it began operations in the fall of 2002. Since then he has held several positions, including deputy assistant federal security director for Screening Operations at Dulles International Airport, senior operations officer in the North Central Area, senior advisor for Aviation Operations, and most recently, federal security director for LaGuardia Airport in New York City. There, he also oversaw TSA operations at Long Island MacArthur (Islip) Airport, Westchester County Airport and the Manhattan heliports for 2-plus years. Prior to joining TSA, Doug held various leadership positions in aviation operations and transportation security to include serving as the security operations manager and the manager of Operations Planning for United Airlines in Washington. He also served as the chair of the Air Carrier Security Subcommittee for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority.

In his new position, Doug will use his extensive experience in government and private industry to lead TSA’s strategy of sharing and building upon security networks through situational awareness within the Commercial Airports Division.

Matt Molnar
2008-03-17, 02:37 AM
Interestingly, this was noted in the Middle East Times. :shock:

http://www.metimes.com/Security/2008/03 ... amed/187f/ (http://www.metimes.com/Security/2008/03/13/gm_of_commercial_airports_security_named/187f/)

(Before you send the black suits to my door for reading the Middle East Times, please note that I am subscribed to a service that fires me an email whenever certain keywords are found. My "LaGuardia Airport" subscription alerted me to this. :) )

Edit: Turns out the Middle East Times, based in Washington, D.C. is unit of News World Communications, owners of The Washington Times and United Press International, so probably not as disconcerting as if it owned by Al Jazeera and based in Riyadh. Seems to be aimed at people with business interests in the Middle East.

adam613
2008-03-17, 11:01 AM
Edit: Turns out the Middle East Times, based in Washington, D.C. is unit of News World Communications, owners of The Washington Times and United Press International, so probably not as disconcerting as if it owned by Al Jazeera and based in Riyadh.

That's debatable. The Washington Times and Al Jazeera are both run by America-haters...