PDA

View Full Version : Small Bombs Goes off in Times Square

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 10:17 AM
I start getting calls from people around the country asking if I'm ok, and I didn't know that anything had happened. haha

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,335435,00.html

A very small incident it seems, but who would be dumb enough to do something like that? What's the purpose?

Reading about this and the past, though small and pretty indignificant, there were three bombings in NYC in the past 4 years.

hiss srq
2008-03-06, 10:27 AM
Considering it was in a recruiters office my guess is some dumb ass liberal's group or otherwise.

wunaladreamin
2008-03-06, 10:34 AM
It's about time the FBI gets involved and let those who did it (or those who think about doing it in the future) know this is serious **** and not some game bored marshmallows (white and soft) play to score points.

I also find it funny that those who say the military are terrorists use the same tactics to make their point.

T-Bird76
2008-03-06, 10:40 AM
Considering it was in a recruiters office my guess is some dumb ass liberal's group or otherwise.

Ryan once again you make another comment that truly shows a hip check not very well thought out statment. This isn't a liberal group...these are extremist groups or individuals that are not socially or politically connected to the mainstream and it’s purely ignorant to lump these people into political mainstream liberals that would never do something like this.

Let me remind you that their are so called right wing extremists that do things like this as well. Look at how many abortion clinics over the years have been bombed and how many abortion doctors have been murdered by these so called "right wingers." However one cannot link their beliefs to the beliefs of the mainstream right wing movement, any comparison is pure dribble.

adam613
2008-03-06, 11:27 AM
I also find it funny that those who say the military are terrorists use the same tactics to make their point.

Seriously.

Do we even know who was responsible for this? It's a pretty stupid statement if nobody knows who did it or why...

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 12:00 PM
They said it was a guy that threw something and fled on bike.

Matt Molnar
2008-03-06, 12:13 PM
Sounds very similar to the bombs tossed at the British and Mexican consulates in the past couple years. Could be a lone wacko or small "underground" activist group. I like these guys who just break stuff to make a point a lot better than the ones who kill people. :)

emshighway
2008-03-06, 08:54 PM
There was Intel sent to recruiting stations this week stating a group against the wars would be protests soon.

Device was more of an badly made incendiary than an explosive.

Oh no, I told you all, now I have to kill each one of you. :roll:

Idlewild
2008-03-07, 01:11 AM
That recruiting station has been a target since Vietnam if I remember correctly. As an aside that is probably the only original storefront in Times Square left over from the '40's.