2008-03-06, 01:37 AM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s[/youtube

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 05:24 AM
"Gets nasty....get down to business."

Yeah, that's serious alright. Wow.

hiss srq
2008-03-06, 09:36 AM
I need napkins! And I almost want to go to sleep and dream about that beauty right now. What a stunning concept gun!

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 09:51 AM
My only problem is that the guy was handling it wrong. You'd get it to your shoulder quicker if you held it in your "off" hand as opposed to your shooting hand. You hit the unfold release and just grab the grip instead of weirdo-handling it like he did.

An SMG that's the size of a VHS. I'd like to see it in action. The only other modification is that I'd like to see the a longer foregrip....doesn't look too stable when goin full auto.

When being sold as personal protection, though, I think it's overkill. That's better for a bodyguard-type of scenario where firepower and concealment are important in a casual setting.

hiss srq
2008-03-06, 09:55 AM
I agree about the foregrip, too small to be balanced and stable. If it went into production it would certainly be on my I want list. Than again, I have lived in regions where it is normal to have a belt buckle bigger than your wrist watches bezzle for the last few years so it might be rubbing off.

emshighway
2008-03-06, 09:01 PM
You should see a few toys the secret service has...

Actually even though it is now old if you look close at the video of the Regan shooting you may see one.

cancidas
2008-03-06, 09:21 PM
that's pretty cool actually, though a bit impractical. you can't fire it when it's in the folded position. it takes what, 3 seconds to open and bring up to your shoulder. when faced with someone who knows what they're doing you could be dead in those 3 seconds...

still cool IMO!

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 10:00 PM
Like I said, if handled properly, it can be ready to fire in just over one second I think.

As for Reagan, I remember seeing regular Uzi's and pistols.

The best I've seen for vip protection is the HK MP5-PDW, which has a fold-out stock. They have these nifty harnesses for them that keep it at your lower back on your shooting side, and can come up to the ready pretty darn fast.

This one isn't the same harness I know, but you get the idea:

http://remtek.com/arms/hk/mil/pdw/pdwrig.gif

stuart schechter
2008-03-06, 10:05 PM
I guess I am a special one. The way that I have used my fold-out stocks was with them on the left side of the gun and got the release with my right hand and whipped the stock into my right arm. But if you wanted to just grab that MP5, I would think that without the stock being unfolded, it would be hard to get to the safety.

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-06, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that the MP5K has an ambidextrous selector, so right-handed people can use their thumb on the opposite side. The only problem is that it folds out to the right, which is better for lefties, because that means its folding out in front of you and cannot get caught on something (wall, person, etc.) on your side. I'm a lefty, so I can't relate, however.

cancidas
2008-03-06, 11:12 PM
this is still more than enough: (and my personal fav)

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hk-usp45c.jpg

:borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat:

stuart schechter
2008-03-06, 11:21 PM
Yeah Phil, thats why i mentioned the left-side stock because if you are holding, in this case I had a G36c and holding it in a firing position, the stock swings between my arms.

Midnight Mike
2008-03-06, 11:42 PM
This is a gun that I would to see the Military get their hands on or even SWAT

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c[/youtube

cancidas
2008-03-08, 04:56 AM
i want to play!!

hiss srq
2008-03-08, 04:45 PM
Wet dream shotgun right there. Remember, I spent most of my youth in the land were beltbuckles are bigger than a rappers watch and if somthing didn't die for your boots your not a man. (Not the views shared by the writer of this though)

Smartass Flyboy
2008-03-08, 06:22 PM
I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!