PDA

View Full Version : Printing photos

adam613
2008-03-05, 10:59 AM
Does anyone here ever print their photos? I've got a couple that I'd like prints of...probably not enough to justify buying a photo printer though. Any suggestions on where to take them? Should I just go to my local copy shop? (I used to work there, they'll give me a discount :) ) Any suggestions on post-processing for print rather than the web?

Matt Molnar
2008-03-05, 11:12 AM
I just got a nice Canon photo printer, but I've yet to print any photos on it. :) It certainly isn't cheaper with ink running $8,000 a gallon these days (that's not a typo), but I like the convenience.

For post-processing, just make sure you save them at 300dpi, and you might want to brighten them a little, as printed photos tend to come out darker than they look on screen.

pgengler
2008-03-05, 01:14 PM
I've had a couple of photos printed from Adorama (adoramapix.com (http://www.adoramapix.com)) with good results. I didn't do anything special on the post-processing for them, and I checked the box to let them manage colors (alternately, you can download their color profile and work with that).

lijk604
2008-03-05, 01:17 PM
MPIX.COM - Hands down the best company I have dealt with so far. Good prices, fast turn-around time, and great customer service.

cancidas
2008-03-05, 03:13 PM
i've only printed a few, and i took them to the photo studio in my neighborhood that i've been going to for years with film. they did a great job, including a huge 3'x'4 DC-3 shot on my wall.

eric8669
2008-03-05, 03:27 PM
MPIX.COM - Hands down the best company I have dealt with so far. Good prices, fast turn-around time, and great customer service.

I have also heard that MPIX is very good. As for myself in addition to Aviation photo's I shoot Glamour photography and debating wheather to send those type of photo's out or to invest in a nice photo Printer. I have been told that Epson has some really good photo printers.