PDA

View Full Version : Prince Harry Comes Home From Afghanistan After 10 Weeks

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-01, 12:51 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334229,00.html

Do you think he really saw any action? How guarded do you think he was, more so than the average officer? I just wonder if this guy is really nurtured out there or something. He seems respectable, though I don't care for Charles all that much.

moose135
2008-03-01, 01:20 PM
It sounds like he was really out there in the thick of things. He was pissed last year when he was told he would not be assigned to Iraq, and threatened to leave the Army if he could not join his unit regardless of where they were assigned. He's been getting quite a bit of praise for his service, including on a web forum for British Army troops (the British Army Rumour Service) - I think if it was a PR job, those guys would be quick to blast him.

From a CBS news site,

He patrolled a tense area in the south of the country in which the Taliban has been active, looking for insurgents who might be trying to slip through allied lines. He worked as a forward air controller calling in air strikes in support of ground troops.

You don't serve as a FAC from the Officers Club back on base. Sounds like he did a good job, something to be proud of. Good for him!

PhilDernerJr
2008-03-01, 01:23 PM
I was hoping the same for him. He has always seemed so eager to live a normal life.