PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Kodak Z700

Delta777LR
2008-02-11, 03:38 AM
As anyone still notice on my pictures, that I still have some kind of dust that appears on my shots.. Heres one example

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o37/sergair/012-7.jpg

But I dont actually see the dust on the lens, Is there any chance that I can get that repaired somewhere and if it is going to be expensive to fix before I plan to try to hopefully get an SLR some point this year? Since I had the Kodak Z700 since late 2006 Im not even sure if they still make the models and repair. Any answer would be very helpful. Thanks

SmAlbany
2008-02-11, 11:01 AM
I'll share my experience.

I had a Sony P&S camera that my wife usually used. We got a wicked piece of dirt in the camera and it showed up right in the middle of all the pictures. I called sony, I went to national chain camera stores, I went to local camera establishments. All had the same opinion. It's cheaper to buy a new camera than to try and disassemble and clean the old one.

Your spot looks like dust on the sensor. Cleaning would probably require disassembly of the camera. Estimates for my sony were around $200 - $250. You may be better putting that money toward a new camera. (either that or just keep editing the spot out in post-processing)

Good luck!
Dan