PDA

View Full Version : Not a good week for Jet-ways

emshighway
2008-02-10, 06:36 PM
This week gate B5 collapsed on a plane as it was arriving to LGA. The jet-way looks like it will be out of service for a long time.

Yesterday a SWA flight ran into a jet-way at ISP. No gate number known but mechanics were flown in to repair the plane which apparently was put back into service.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-02-10, 09:28 PM
That's one fancy parking job for the SWA pilot.

Who has B5 at LGA?

pgengler
2008-02-10, 10:11 PM
I think B5 at LGA is Spirit. At least, I'm pretty sure that's the gate we used going to MYR last summer.

T-Bird76
2008-02-10, 10:42 PM
This week gate B5 collapsed on a plane as it was arriving to LGA. The jet-way looks like it will be out of service for a long time.

Yesterday a SWA flight ran into a jet-way at ISP. No gate number known but mechanics were flown in to repair the plane which apparently was put back into service.

Not surprised about the WN bird, they taxi those things in way to fast half the time.

nwafan20
2008-02-11, 12:20 AM
There are about 10 jetways sitting at DTW, in a pile wrecked from over the years, from what I could see there was 2 with NK markings, 1 with WN markings, and 3 with NW markings, the rest I couldn't see or weren't marked.

So it's just not a NY problem :D

emshighway
2008-02-11, 10:06 AM
Jet Blue has been using it, they moved over to the C side.

Art at ISP
2008-02-11, 10:49 AM
Also in the past week or so, two jetways collapsed at PHL--B-16 and C-30 if not mistaken, and in one case the employee controlling the jetway was injured.

In this case I believe there is a finger pointing exercise going on between US and the city of Philthadelphia.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-02-11, 05:37 PM
Not surprised about the WN bird, they taxi those things in way to fast half the time.

I know! They taxi faster than any other airline I have seen. That is also at any airport, not just ISP.

I have been on other airlines that taxi faster at smaller airports than they do at larger airports.
Also, I have noticed that sometimes planes taxi faster on arrival than departure.

Also, I think B6 only has one gate at LGA, since they have limited ops there. So if they used B5, this could mean a reassignment for the airline. Any ideas?

stuart schechter
2008-02-11, 10:10 PM
B6 indeed uses B5, or at least when i walked down to the AT gates, B7-9 down towards the end of the CTB B concourse.

emshighway
2008-02-12, 07:51 PM
B6 indeed uses B5, or at least when i walked down to the AT gates, B7-9 down towards the end of the CTB B concourse.

I said that four posts ago.