PDA

View Full Version : New Cessna Citation

flyboy 28
2008-02-09, 01:06 PM
http://columbus.cessna.com/

cancidas
2008-02-09, 02:40 PM
...Munich to New York nonstop is a done deal. So is London to Dubai, Sydney to Singapore, São Paulo to Miami...

wow! that's pretty awesome, especially considering that it's an airplane not much bigger than a citation X. the cross section is a bit larger, but would ou want to be on a small airplane that long? i'd prefer an embraer lineage!

HPNPilot1200
2008-02-09, 03:55 PM
It actually is much bigger than a Citation X (5.3 feet longer, and an additional 16.2 foot wingspan). The exterior resembles a sort of Citation X / Swearingen SJ30-2 hybrid, but with a 4,000 mile range with NBAA IFR reserves it will be in close completion with the Challenger 300 and 605.

Though not as wide as the cross section of the Challenger 605, the Columbus cabin is about 6 feet longer. With over 8,800 pounds of thrust, 1,950 pounds of useful load with full fuel, and a large roomy cabin, this is going to be one hot ride.

lijk604
2008-02-09, 05:22 PM
Munich to NY....NON-STOP??? That is a good reach for a G4SP if the winds are right.
I could see NY to Munich, with the tailwinds that's possible.
Another aircraft that MIGHT be over promised. We'll have to wait til 2013 to see if they are right.

nwafan20
2008-02-09, 09:46 PM
I will take one!

727C47
2008-02-10, 08:02 AM
stand by for NetJets to order a bunch.

lijk604
2008-02-10, 12:41 PM
stand by for NetJets to order a bunch.

I stand to think that NetJets was working with Cessna behind the scenes on what they wanted an aircraft to do. Not that it is a bad thing, but I highly doubt that with today's economic conditions, Cessna would not have launched this aircraft if it didn't already know "someone" was going to place an order for 25-50 of these babies. Thereby making the costs justified.

cancidas
2008-02-10, 03:07 PM
netjets will definately be a perfect customer. thier operation calls for exactly this type of airplane. it was only until recently that airplanes this size were capable of such performance. not eveyone could afford to buy shares of a BBJ. just like netjets opened up corporate aviation to masses, airplanes like this new citation will make long distances easier to achieve. ah, the wonders of aviation! :mrgreen:

adam613
2008-02-11, 12:55 AM
Munich to NY....NON-STOP??? That is a good reach for a G4SP if the winds are right.
Another aircraft that MIGHT be over promised. We'll have to wait til 2013 to see if they are right.

Cessna doesn't have a history of over-promising aircraft. As good as these numbers sound, it might happen...

Nonstop2AUH
2008-02-11, 03:44 AM
Very nice, was waiting to see what the new bigger Citation would look like so thanks for posting the link, didn't know what it was going to be called either. Seems like they are going for the value proposition here to address the current economy:

"As you and your Columbus speed comfortably on your way to new adventures, regardless of your destination, you can smile with the knowledge that to fly even slightly faster on such missions, you’d need an airplane costing nearly $10 million more than you paid for yours."

Guess even hedge fund managers get sticker shock!

HPNPilot1200
2008-02-11, 08:22 AM

Cessna doesn't have a history of over-promising aircraft. As good as these numbers sound, it might happen...

It will happen, that's just how Cessna operates.