PDA

View Full Version : The five stages of Patriots grief

Midnight Mike
2008-02-04, 05:19 PM
The five stages of Patriots grief

Stage 1: Denial and isolation

No! No! No! No! Noooooooooooo! No! No! No! No! No! Noooooooooooo! This did not happen. There is no way this happened. It's impossible. There is no way Eli Manning -- Eli Manning! -- stopped us in the Super Bowl from going 19-0. Eli Manning did not just beat Tom Brady. Tom Brady did not get knocked out of the playoffs in back-to-back years by the Manning brothers. I refuse to believe it. Such a world does not exist.

Stage 2: Anger

I have a friggin' Patriots helmet tattooed on my head! On my bald head! What am I supposed to do? I feel foolish now! I wouldn't have done it if I knew they were going to lose. I just feel so misled! I feel so stupid.

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8guMii5Uuw[/youtubeb]Stage 3: Bargaining[/b]

OK, look … there's got to be a way to make this right. What do you want us to do?

Stage 4: Depression

Life is not worth living.

I've spent the past five months of my life telling everyone I know how great the Patriots are and how much their team sucks. I've called radio shows. TV shows. Written countless words on Internet message boards.

Stage 5: Acceptance

OK. So we lost. It happened. We were 18-0 and lost in the Super Bowl to Eli friggin' Manning and the New York Giants. It still sounds insane to say that out loud, but facts are facts.

Truth is, I'm fine with it. That's three years in a row the Patriots haven't won a Super Bowl. What kind of dynasty is that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nfl (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/080204&sportCat=nfl)

hiss srq
2008-02-04, 05:23 PM
I rolled off the platform in the middle of the tower in my rolling chair I laughed soo hard.

Matt Molnar
2008-02-04, 06:26 PM
Since most Pats fans are also Red Sox fans, they should be used to monumental failure and disappointment. Belichick going for it on 4th and 13 in the 3rd rather than try a 50-yard field goal ranks up there with Buckner.

adam613
2008-02-04, 06:47 PM
Except the Red Sox, when faced with a suddenly-hot team in the World Series, did exactly what they were supposed to do...