PDA

View Full Version : Someone's pissed at the FAA

pgengler
2008-01-24, 10:32 PM
Check out the pic with this article! Philly.com: Fed up with jet noise, couple raise the roof (http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/14174956.html)

nwafan20
2008-01-24, 11:02 PM
Ahh, NIMBY's!

So, they have been there 10 years, how many years has PHL been there? Since 1925... That is 83 years, or 73 years earlier than these guys.

Yet, watch, they will continue to fly out of PHL... I hate NIMBY'S!

moose135
2008-01-24, 11:08 PM
Ahh, NIMBY's!

So, they have been there 10 years, how many years has PHL been there? Since 1925... That is 83 years, or 73 years earlier than these guys.

Yet, watch, they will continue to fly out of PHL... I hate NIMBY'S!

Read the article:

Since the FAA's new departure headings out of Philadelphia International Airport went into effect last month as part of a massive restructuring of the airspace over the congested corridor from New York through Philadelphia, Hall said the noise level at his home on Fairmount Avenue near Ladomus Circle has been unbearable.

and

Airport spokeswoman Phyllis Van Istendal said that noise complaints have increased significantly since the new departure headings went into effect but that it's too early to tell if there's a correlation.
Yeah, I'm sure the increase in noise complaints are completely unrelated to the departure changes!

nwafan20
2008-01-24, 11:11 PM
I read the article (hence how I knew they were there for 10 years)

But the thing is, when you live anywhere near an airport, you run the risk of airport noise, the airport was there much before they were!

ngreed
2008-01-25, 10:01 AM
I wish the people that do not like the noise of the airport would move so the aviation geeks that do can move closer to airport!!

jlb54061
2008-01-26, 01:31 PM
Hi guys, I am new to this great site. I Live near PHL. FAA just put in several new departure routes in order to alow takeoffs to occur more frequently, thus improving ontime preformance. Planes used to bank left after takeoff and follow the Delaware River, until they reached (I belive) 3000 ft.
Now they are turning over the occupied areas at a much lower altitude. By the way, I Love it. John.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2008-01-26, 01:59 PM
I wish the people that do not like the noise of the airport would move so the aviation geeks that do can move closer to airport!!

I second that wish.

adam613
2008-01-28, 12:52 PM

I hear Springfield Gardens is nice at this time of year...

Matt Molnar
2008-01-28, 03:08 PM
As much as I love looking at planes, I'd have to say living near the beginning of a departure path would probably get annoying real quick.

hiss srq
2008-01-28, 03:10 PM
I have alway enjoyed living as close to the arrival and departure patterns as I do. The only time I do not get traffic low over my house is when JFK is on the 4's. No place else I would be.

NYARTCCFAN
2008-01-28, 04:18 PM
Oh man the Loud High Pitch sound of the DC-9'S AND MD-80'S rumbling down a runway and taking off are sweet sounds. Just Google Waters and Anderson Av's in Tampa Fl and you will know what I mean. I live right near that intersction and compare how close Tampa Int. is to my house. The airport is SLIGHTLY to the south of me.