PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait?



nwafan20
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Hey guys,

Well, we couldn't get our condo for Spring Break so we are deciding to go just after. DTW-MCO by the way.

So, my job was to get flights set up, and I found some cheap ones, and a couple days ago the price was like $180 plus taxes, the next day it went down to $170, the day after that jumped to $190, after that down to $170 again and now it is sitting as a promo fare at $157 (plus taxes of course) for a total price per ticked of $190 r/t

My question is this, with the seeming downwards trend on the fare, should I wait or go ahead and book now? It seems like quite a bit out to be booking, but that is a pretty good price. But my only concern is that if I book it might drop again.... What do you guys think?

Alex T
01-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Usually.....if you book a fare, and you see something lower, you would be allowed to book the lower fare, and the airline would give you a credit for the difference and NOT charge a change fee.

I got this once on AA.com but check with the airline. I assume this is on NWA?

I know SWA allows you to book a lower fare, and WN gives you the credit difference to use for a future flight.

Thing about booking tickets is you just have to gamble! You should know and understand the fare history for DTW-MCO, personally ANYTHING below 200 r/t is a steal for me, especially on that long route for a DTW-MCO.

I would go ahead and book as you see it now, and if it goes down, oh well if it doesn't you got yourself some seats.

Alex

T-Bird76
01-20-2008, 10:01 PM
170/157 R/T to Florida is more then fair, I'd jump on it.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
01-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah, and quick before its gone!

mirrodie
01-21-2008, 09:26 PM
check farecast.com.

nwafan20
01-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I went ahead and booked it.

BTW, farecast doesn't work this far out in the future.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Good, now you won't feel guilty if the fare hikes. ;)

Have a great trip in Florida!