PDA

View Full Version : Important message about spotting at CDG

Three Forty
2008-01-03, 05:09 PM
Hello, from Paris spotting association KeroZen president :

Hello,

Recently french authorities have informed us that there are a lot of new holes in the airport fences at CDG. I copy the internal mail of the KeroZen association for our members. I invite you to transmit it to all spotters. Because this time there is a important change : if this bad way of spotting continues, they will apply against us some measures that restrict our hobby.

Stephane.

"These past few weeks, the sous-préfecture of Seine Saint Denis has informed us that some airport fences have been damaged. These holes are used by spotters to allow them to take pictures through in the restricted area. French authorities are very unpleased by such bad comportment. They have said to us that if these acts don't stop, they have to limit our hobby.

By the past, I did some information, to our members, but also to all spotters via forum or dedicated mailing lists. We can't accept such comportment. Consequences can be important, and no one wants to know how authorities can limit aircraft spotting at CDG.

I can't imagine a KeroZen member doing such holes. So, I ask you to tell to your friends or other spotters that making holes in airport fences is not the right way of spotting. Only bad consequences can occur.

Our behavior around french airports fences is very important, especially at CDG, if we want to continue aircraft spotting."

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-03, 05:45 PM
I can't say I'm familiar with all the laws and freedoms currently allowed in France, but I would fight such laws that prevent planespotting.

REGARDLESS, it is extremely careless for enthusiasts to damage or vandalize airport property, or ANY property while practicing the hobby.

Three Forty
2008-01-03, 05:54 PM
Phil D., you maybe don't know, but at CDG we need an authorization for photos since 2006, due to a decree, it's life, we don't have choice...

http://a340.free.fr/CDG/CDGdiv/CDG_div_panneau_070307_1b.jpg

flyboy 28
2008-01-03, 07:24 PM
That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. But rules is rules. :?

markg
2008-01-04, 11:08 AM
That's pretty ridiculous if you ask me. But rules is rules. :?

Trust me, you(not you specifically!) should definitely abide by the rules in Paris. The airports are patrolled by paramilitary police, and they make PAPD cops look like best buddies by comparison!

Unfortunately there are always some idiots out there that will spoil it for the rest and they are usually English spotters!

Mark

Three Forty
2008-01-04, 11:12 AM
Trust me, you(not you specifically!) should definitely abide by the rules in Paris. The airports are patrolled by paramilitary police, and they make PAPD cops look like best buddies by comparison!

Only CDG.