PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Fights

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-02, 11:13 AM
I was doing a little reading on who was my all-time favorite hockey player...Joey Kocur.

He beat up many a people with the Ranger the Red Wings (Canucks for a season). His right arm was two inches bigger than his left, and he used it to break an eye socket on Islander Brad Dalgarno and crack Donald Brashear's helmet. I used to hear that he'd cut the arms off of his jersey and lightly sew them back on before the game so they'd come off during fights so he could not be restrained.

Here's a montage of some good knockouts of his:

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcLTZ7pkd4[/youtubeI have to say that I am happy that fighting survives in hockey. It truly is a part of the sport. I hope it never gets interfered with.

cancidas
2008-01-02, 12:09 PM
It truly is a part of the sport. I hope it never gets interfered with.

amen to that! :borat:

emshighway
2008-01-02, 02:17 PM
I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!!! :wink:

wunaladreamin
2008-01-02, 05:31 PM
My fave all time skating boxer was Bob Probert. The guy was a certified edp. He's retired now and been collared a few times for fighting the police while he was high on drugs. Never the role model, you still wouldn't want to cross him on the ice.

Derf
2008-01-02, 05:41 PM
[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCYK6Nn2bMs[/youtubeHere is a video of my Boss in a hockey fight....he was #4!

wunaladreamin
2008-01-02, 07:05 PM
Nice. I never saw the point of fighting in a league that enforces full face protection. Why punch a wire mask? Anywhoo, your boss looks like he was having a tough time keeping his balance even before the fight, lol. Has he retired?

PhilDernerJr
2008-01-02, 08:12 PM
My fave all time skating boxer was Bob Probert. The guy was a certified edp. He's retired now and been collared a few times for fighting the police while he was high on drugs. Never the role model, you still wouldn't want to cross him on the ice.

When Joey Kocur and Bob Probert were on the Red Wings together, they were known as the Bash Brothers.

This is a good montage as well. Man it was great watching Probert take down Tie Domi. I also gotta say, Darren Langdon (Ranger jersey, #15 about 4 minutes into the clip) held up very well.

[youtubetp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI77qA1LoqY[/youtubeAnyone find clips to other GOOD hockey fights?

wunaladreamin
2008-01-02, 09:32 PM
Tie Domi was no slouch either. The Probert/Domi heavyweight bouts are classic for sure.