PDA

View Full Version : Boyd Group: Wright Amendment WAS wrong!

Alex T
2008-01-01, 12:54 AM
http://www.aviationplanning.com/asrc1.htm

The Verdict's In On Dallas Love
Southwest Was Right...

As oft happens in aviation, the 2005 - 2006 battle over Love Field was peppered with lots of really creative public relations stunts that tended to cloud the issue to the maximum extent possible.

There were the usual paid-for "studies" that, shock of shocks, when made public tended to support the position of the client. Consultants for D/FW International had one that predicted near-mortal economic damage to the Metroplex should the Wright Amendment be modified.

Now, before anyone calls me biased,I also don't want to claim, what he thinks, all of a sudden everyone else thinks the same too, I fully supported repeal before I even began to start liking WN, and any airline in WN's place I would have still fully supported repeal of it. However AA/WN came to an agreement, that wasn't 100% great but not 100% bad either.

I do admit, I wasn't always particular to Boyd's comments about airline stuff and WN to an extent because he always seemed to predict doom and gloom for SWA, and as much opinion and talks he could have, he doesn't run the airline. But, in this case, he is simply repeating what was true all along, AA at DFW was never going to be hurt or killed by allowing WN to operate freely at DAL anywhere and non stop.

Alex