PDA

View Full Version : EWR 12/29

SengaB
2007-12-29, 08:17 PM
KLM MD-11 at EWR...soon to be pulled off the route. WX crapped out but oh well.
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/klm01.jpg
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/klm02.jpg
Senga

Iberia A340-600
2007-12-29, 08:38 PM
Nice shots Senga.

I flew out of EWR on Wednesday and was right behind PH-KCI. It was so gorgeous watching it taxi out in front of me in the night with lights flashing and also watching it rocket down the runway.

Delta777LR
2007-12-29, 09:19 PM
Great shot of the KLM MD-11, I also notice the NJ Devils Boeing 727 and Capital International Cargo Boeing 727F behind the the KLM in the first photo... Were you at Ikea when you took these photographs?

markg
2007-12-30, 01:34 AM
Ahhh...my favorite KLM MD-11

I was at AMS the day it was delivered with a busload of spotters from MAN.

I have never seen so many people duck at once in my life! The reason? The MD turned off the approach in front of the terminal and went directly over the top of the viewing deck at a very low level.

Apparently this was tradition with KL on all new deliveries, which is why the cloggies (Dutch Spotters) all had their cameras ready and we didn't!!

PHL Approach
2007-12-30, 05:15 AM
Those are some awesome shots Senga. One of my first true memories in Aviation was when standing in a lot years ago about a mile to mile and a half out on the final under 12 for MIA. Oblivious that I was so close to the airport, looking around at what ever it was that had my attention.. I hear a whine coming from behind me... to turn around and have a KLM MD-11 blow over me was just awe inspiring and that kinda was it for me. Haven't looked back since :P

Needless to say KLM MD-11s are special to me!

Eddie.
2007-12-30, 03:50 PM
I miss these birds at MIA.

SengaB
2007-12-30, 04:30 PM
Thanks guys,
They pulled the KLM MD-11s out of JFK just days before they started painting them into the new colors so I'm, glad to get it without having to go out of my way to get one in the n/c.

Delta777LR,
No I shot it for one of the billion overpasses that surround EWR lol.

Bill KCI made a right turn on to "Victor" :)

BTW make a note of EWR new security fence that goes along I-95.
Senga

njgtr82
2007-12-31, 12:26 AM
Were you at Ikea when you took these photographs?

Its a secretSenga spot

Nice shots Senga and you got lucky with victor I'm telling you!