PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Thunderbirds & Blue Angels Schedules

moose135
2007-12-28, 12:30 AM
2008 show schedules have been released - you can find them here:
http://thunderbirds.airforce.com/
http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/schedules.htm

For the NY area, we will see the Blue Angels at Jones Beach on Memorial Day weekend (May 24 & 25) and the Thunderbirds the following weekend at McGuire AFB, and Atlantic City on August 20.

nikon50bigma
2007-12-28, 01:09 AM
Are the blues cutting back on there preformances?
For most of the months, there seems to be no shows scheduled on the last couple of weekends.

njgtr82
2007-12-28, 02:02 AM
Are the blues cutting back on there preformances?
For most of the months, there seems to be no shows scheduled on the last couple of weekends.

Looks pretty busy to me

pgengler
2007-12-28, 10:20 AM
I was surprised to not see Millville on either of those lists. Are they still doing a show without either of the big acts, or was last year the last one?

njgtr82
2007-12-28, 10:52 AM
I was surprised to not see Millville on either of those lists. Are they still doing a show without either of the big acts, or was last year the last one?
I don't remember where but I remember reading somewhere that they may get the RAF Red Arrows.

moose135
2007-12-28, 12:12 PM
I saw a couple of schedules that show Millville for June 6-7. If so, I may be able to make it for once. Their web site isn't updated for 2008 yet, and the Red Arrows schedule isn't released yet, so I don't know if they will be there. As mentioned elsewhere on NYCA, the following weekend, June 13-14, Quebec City will have a show including 5 military teams (Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, Red Arrows, Patrouille de France, Snowbirds). We may see them elsewhere while they are on this side of the pond.

pgengler
2007-12-28, 12:26 PM
I saw a couple of schedules that show Millville for June 6-7. If so, I may be able to make it for once. Their web site isn't updated for 2008 yet, and the Red Arrows schedule isn't released yet, so I don't know if they will be there.

The Navy's list of eligible events (http://www.navy.mil/navco/airshows/avsjun08.html) (stuff you could get demo teams/flyovers for) lists a Millville show that weekend (June 7 & 8), which would be good since it wouldn't be the same weekend as Jones Beach again. Of course, that doesn't mean that it'll happen, and it could be wrong (it lists the McGuire show on June 14, though the T-bird schedule says June 1).

I think it'd be cool to see the Red Arrows at Millville; I'd definitely trek down for that.

I hope the weather ends up being good for the McGuire show; it was the best for photography of the ones I went to last year (with strong competition from hanging around FRG during the Jones Beach show) and it's only one day, not two, this year.

Steven Holzinger
2007-12-28, 12:53 PM
McGuire is a two-day show like it was in 2007 - frankly I was surprised to see the Thunderbirds list McGuire for 2008, but what the heck, it's only half an hour from my house, so I'm happy.

To my understanding, Millville is not having an airshow in 2008. I don't have any official word on it, since I can't seem to be in contact with the airboss for that show.

The Red Arrows will be touring North America for a couple weekends after Quebec City and from what I understand, Rhode Island (June 28-29) will be seeing the Reds that weekend.

pgengler
2007-12-28, 12:59 PM
McGuire is a two-day show like it was in 2007

D'oh! I just saw it on June 1 and it didn't even occur to me to look back at the end of May, and sure enough, there's the other day.

GrummanFan
2008-01-23, 10:22 PM
The Red Arrows have recently announced a flyby for the NYC area on June 26th. No other details on that yet, but I'm praying they'll make a stop over at Republic!

Steven Holzinger
2008-01-24, 01:03 PM
The Reds have Langley AFB (June 20-22) and North Kingstown, RI (June 28-29) confirmed as tour dates!!!

SCOTYDEMCO
2008-01-24, 11:09 PM
Lastest I heard Millville was moving their show to a warbird show the same weekend of Oceana in september. Steve is right on with the Reds, which is a VERY nice treat for the airshow buffs.

Quebec here we come!