PDA

View Full Version : My Turn for Yankin' a Wisdom Tooth

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-14, 10:01 PM
I got home a little while ago from the dentist. He yanked a wisdom tooth that was dying. He decided to yank it out.

The same one on the opposite side was removed a couple years ago, and that was hurt a bit more.

This one just took some time to loosen. i was very impressed with how painless it actually was. My dentists said it was a challenge, as it had a deep root, but he did wonderfully. He also said several times that it wouldn't have been so easy if I weren't such a good patient. ;)

His assistant stood off to the side watching, and was staring inside my mouth from 3 feet away absolutely mortified at whatever was going on in my mouth. It was really funny and I nearly laughed a few times during the procedure.

He let me keep my tooth, as it came out in one big piece. I don't know how inflation has affected the return these days, but I'll leave it under my pillow for the tooth fairy tonight. If she don't come by to pick it up, I'll just keep it in a box.

My faceis no longer numb, and it's already pretty sore. The vicodin I took is starting to set in, and but I still feel like i have a bad headache that prevents you from moving your head around much,

Mel's making me some kickass soup that she makes, though we're going keep it a little lower on the spicy scale.

Exciting.

nwafan20
2007-12-14, 10:07 PM
He also said several times that it wouldn't have been so easy if I weren't such a good patient. ;)

Did she give you a lollipop too???? :borat:

Just kidding. I am deathly afraid of any sort of surgery, so that would probably scare the crap out of me!

adam613
2007-12-14, 10:57 PM
Just kidding. I am deathly afraid of any sort of surgery, so that would probably scare the crap out of me!

Oh, me too. I consider it the single greatest circumstance of my life that I was born without wisdom teeth. I had to have a baby tooth extracted by force, and I had nightmares about it for months, even though the dentist pumped me full of anesthetic and it didn't hurt.

Mellyrose
2007-12-15, 10:05 AM
Pardon Phil's lack of articulation with this story. His Vicodin HAD set in...he was a bit loopy at this point. He's doing well and not complaining much :)

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-15, 11:10 AM
Still going pretty smooth, this thing took a while to stop bleeding. In fact, I have about a 6-inch area of blood on my pillow and on the t-shirt I wore to bed. I woke up at 3:40am with some pain and took another Vicodin.

The bleeding has now subsided. I'm a little swollen though.

Honestly, it's not as bad as some people think. You just get a little achy afterwards.

RDU-JFK
2007-12-17, 02:26 PM
The worst part for me wasn't the pain or the procedure, but not being able to eat normally!

Glad to hear it was painless.