PDA

View Full Version : Delta's Newest 767? ;)

hiss srq
2007-12-07, 01:43 PM
[airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/1302403/L/[/airlinersHow did this get missed? Sheesh!

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-07, 01:47 PM
I can only assume that's a database error and not the fault of Josh or the screeners.

Here's another photo with the same problem.

[airlinerstp://www.airliners.net/open.file/1302416/L/[/airlinersThis time Florian with a "Continental 737" at JFK. Apparently the problem is related to the airport.

In fact, there are a few more with this problem among the new JFK uploads.

adam613
2007-12-07, 02:31 PM
Coming full-circle, that pic Florian took of the "CO 737" has a watermark saying it was taken by Josh May!

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-07, 05:12 PM
Well, to their credit, massive server switches are not easy, and will experience glitches.

moose135
2007-12-07, 06:12 PM
Of course now the Anet lovers will say this is not Demand Media's fault. I can't remember having a bunch of issues happening when it was just Johan. I gets it's the price you pay for progress.

...and now I'll duck.

I'm not an Anet lover, but there have always been these kind of little quirks in the database. You would see this come up from time to time on the forums. And in DM's defense, they took a huge, home-grown lump of programing [that's a technical term] and moved it to new servers and new software, so I'm not surprised when some glitches turn up.

T-Bird76
2007-12-07, 07:46 PM
What's wrong with them? I just opened them and they are both correct....

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-07, 07:49 PM
Looks like they were fixed.

Each aircraft had the wrong airline and type on it.

SoPictureThis
2007-12-08, 03:25 AM
Correct, all of my images in question have been fixed. Previously, however, the recently added images had information that matched other photos. As stated above, this is due to a glitch in the database, and not the fault of photographers. For those unaware, images with incorrect/mismatching information are typically rejected for 'bad info'...forcing the photographer to correct himself/herself and re-upload.

Not only were these temporary erros frustrating to the viewers, but to photographers as well. I, alone, received 18 emails overnight from various individuals informing me the info I had displayed on my photos was incorrect.

Most unfortunate for myself, however, is the fact 2 of my accepted images have disappeared. One of a USAF C5 and another of an Air China Cargo B747-400. I sure hope they show up some day soon! Frustrating indeed. :(

- jMay

PhilDernerJr
2007-12-09, 11:02 PM
Several posts were deleted from this thread due to off topic steering.

In the future, to all, please refrain from engaging in Anet vs. JP argument here. Pointing out site issues, venting a frustration, or even mentioning a preference is allowed, and there is a big difference between that and attacking, complaining and arguing.

In the future, such posts that are considered arguing will be deleted.

If you have something to say that might start a heated debate, please take it to PM or email. Otherwise, it will be deleted. The same way that Anet does not allow Boeing vs. Airbus arguments, we will no longer allow such between the photo database sites.

If you have further questions or comments about what I'm saying, PM or email me. Do not reply here.

I myself apologize for any drama or arguments that you read or experience on this site. Again, I ask that you be patient while we improve this site for your pleasure. Remember, you watch the planes, let us do the rest.

-Phil