PDA

View Full Version : Spotting in NY

carlos
2007-12-05, 05:59 PM
Dear All,

My name is Klaus and I am from Munich. I will be visiting NY City from Friday, 7th to Tuesday
11th for Christmas Shopping with my wife.

She will give me off half a day ( :D ) for spotting and taking pictures a JFK. Please provide
me with the best photo points available for such a short period of time. Particulary I would like to take
pictures of American Airlines. What time of the day and which photo point will be the best then?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings
Klaus

moose135
2007-12-05, 07:04 PM
Hi Carlos, welcome to NYCA! Right now, the weather sounds best for Saturday, probably late morning, into the afternoon. A lot depends on runway use. Winds have been out of the NW for a while now, meaning Rwy 31 L/R will be favored. There are several good spots, for both departure and arrival photography, for 31 L/R. If you look at the spotting map here http://nycaviation.com/jfkspotting the prime spots for 31R arrivals will be the Costco/Burger King/Firestone spots (C on the map) and Howard Beach (A on the map) for departures.

Will you have a car? That makes it much easier, but public transportation is available, as noted on the spotting map page. Right now, it looks like I'm probably free, so feel free to PM here and perhaps we can get together.

Enjoy your trip!

nikon50bigma
2007-12-08, 12:25 AM
Are you guys heading out tomorrow?

moose135
2007-12-08, 01:00 AM
Probably going to try it - sounds like we might have a break in the weather in the afternoon.